• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Allow E-Mail users to login to plesk (cli/db)

pge

New Pleskian
Hey guys!
Im having a little problem.

For a migration from a former cyrus mailserver, i had to insert a ton of cryp hashes into the plesk database (via cli) to enable my users to seamlessly keep using mail services.
Now I'd really like them to be able to login and change their password, but as it seems i cannot select the "can use <mailaddress> to login to plesk" checkbox in the user edit dialogue.

Is there any way to set this ability directly through the databse?

Thanks!

You can do it over CLI:

Code:
# for I in $(plesk bin mail -l | awk '{print $3}' | sed '/^$/d' | grep DOMAIN); do plesk bin mail -u $I -cp-access true; done

Replace DOMAIN with the domain or remove that grep if you want it for all

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.
Once the account has a SHA512-CRYPT hash set in the database and the type set to crypt, i can neither set the option in the GUI, nor via CLI.

Code:
plesk bin mail -u [email protected] -passwd_type encrypted -passwd '$6$D6NaQitUNGgPbPih$xGwuXFlmr3kBCC1Sr4wPY76cszcSZUM3n9SHRs8Bx39afDO5F8.Q9X5lXvrmZrI/JNDxGAGVXlRrwTNdhN3h41'

(However i can login to dovecot and use mail without a problem)

Attachments

• 2020-12-03_08-24.png
    2020-12-03_08-24.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 2020-12-03_08-25.png
    2020-12-03_08-25.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 2020-12-03_08-26.png
    2020-12-03_08-26.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 1
Then the option would be after migration to reset all passwords and let users then change them for example

Well, the question really is: Is this wanted behaviour?
Because it's a legit option to create a user using a crypted password hash, im wonderin why he shouldnt be allowed to access plesk without changing his password?
Not really the most practical approach for 1000+ users too :)

Back