• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

E-Mail User Migration confixx to plesk

Christian12

New Pleskian
finally I'd like to move my old Server to a new one. Therefore I also like to migrate to Plesk 12.
In general the migration works fine. I figured out, that the email is not migrated with the old username.

To make the move easy for my clients I'd like to keep the old procedure.

Following questions
1. Is it possible to change the login username for imap from [email protected] to name only?
2. Does Plesk uses the MySQL database for usercheck by login? If I add a username in the mail table with a similar account_id will it also be possible to login into the courier IMAP?

Thanks for your support.
Chris

Thanks for yor Support Igor.

The change to qmail as mta gives the option I've wanted. So for now this works. For the 2nd thing I will respect this things.

Maybe you can help me with one other thing.

For some migration prolems from confixx to plesk I needed to change the password manually in the msysql accounts database.
If i use the /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mail_auth_view command, the change is not reflected. Can you give me the information how to sync the mysql data base with the local settings?

Best regards
Chris

Hello Igor,

please ignore my last post. I have used the Integration Manager. It was generating the email users and used the old passwords from confixx. But I wasn't able to login with this passwords. The /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mail_auth_view show also that the password is encrypted. Here a example: [email protected] | E | $1$Iy7oZ3KA$en0b

So if use the user test or [email protected] I get the result in roundcube that the login wasn't posible. If I use my thunderbrird it works.
If I update the password by myself in the plesk control panel, it works in roundcube.

Do you know about this issue?

Back