• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

E-mail and dedicated IP's. Plesk 10.4.x / postfix / Debian 6

kingsquare

New Pleskian
I've been searching and searching, found a lot of posts, suggestions and what not, but nothing seems to be working, so I'll give it a shot here.

I've got the following situation: (10.x.x.1 and bla.tld are of course "blanked" out to protect customer identity and stuff ;))

bla.tld uses a shared ip 10.x.x.1
2.smtp.bla.tld used a dedicated ip 10.x.x.100

the 2.smtp.bla.tld does not have any hosting applied, it only has 1 mailbox ([email protected]) which is used for authenticated SMTP using a lot of sender addresses which are not [email protected]. I use this account from a couple of webservers which have a local maildrop for the web application running on that machine and have an authenticated relay host, namely 2.smtp.bla.tld.

I can login, send e-mails, but the following thing happens: All mail is being sent from the shared 10.x.x.1 ipnumber. I really need all mail being sent through the [email protected] to have the 10.x.x.100 as it's sender ip and name. I can not get this to work.

I've even gone so far as to convert the /var/spool/postfix/plesk/sdd_transport_maps.db to cleartext using postalias -s and editing both bla.tld and 2.smtp.bla.tld to use the 10.x.x.100 ip, creating a new .db file and replacing the generated one, but of no avail, the mail keeps coming from the wrong IP.

What can I do to fix this?

Back