• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved AlmaLinux HTTPD will not recognize the error with .htaccess

Hajime Tanaka

Regular Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

AlmaLinux HTTPD will not recognize the error with .htaccess

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.47.5
OS version: AlmaLinux 8.7 x86_64
Build date: 2022/10/20 08:00
Revision: 2202ec3182f8c11e712a5926daa8200e4bd94dfd

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

The problem is Apache / HTTPD would not recognize to error its .htaccess from when editing the file at AllowOverride None to All from the httpd.conf caused to not be updated or edited when restarted the server and everything all of us are completely restarted and still issue.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Edit an httpd.conf on a root server
  2. Change AllowOverride from None to All
  3. Restart the server
  4. Everything restarts DNS, PHP, Plesk, Nginx / Apache server, etc nothing works

ACTUAL RESULT

A configuration was changed and no logs were are changed from httpd.conf at moment no error logs.

It's clearly Almalinux is caused by not being recognized at .htaccess or a missing system error. CentOS was everything perfect that I used to on Plesk and cPanel so I believe.

EXPECTED RESULT

That would still show the Under Maintenance from the site.
dng0Gjs.png

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Two months later and still no one takes this action seriously issue?

I don't want to switch to CentOS, AlmaLinux is longer life than CentOS are near the end of its support life soon.

Hi @Samet Chan , thank you for this reminder. Actually, the issue has been processed immediately. At the end of November there was a staff transition period so it was probably lost to respond here in detail.

Developers could not reproduce the issue despite conducting very intensive, lengthy tests on all levels, although the Apache .htaccess mechanism is not related to Plesk. They could not find any flaws in it, though.

Developers are asking you to clarify his issue more precisely as there believe there is a misunderstanding either in the issue description or in the way you try to achieve your goal. Maybe you can describe your goal more precisely and there is an alternative/best practice approach for it? Looking at the number of tests there have been done on this issue, it is not likely that there are product related issues. This is rather about the way you try to achieve the goal.

In case you wish to open a support ticket with official Plesk support on it, please mention the id [PPS-13657] in it so that everyone is on the same page.

Looks like it is not a bug known for Plesk and Apache servers and but that was caused by CloudFlare that Apps third-party enabled `Edgy` would turn on the site maintenance error page. So support from Chingiz told me to uninstall or remove the app and was solved my problem!

Support ticket ID: #404219

It is now solved. Please close this thread and as marked solved.

Back