• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved alt-php73 handlers getting auto-installed

c0m

Basic Pleskian
Recently, these 3 PHP handlers started appearing in Plesk:

alt-php73-cgi
alt-php73-fastcgi
alt-php73-fpm

This is in addition to the normal PHP 7.3 handlers for CGI/FastCGI/FPM.

When I remove the alt-php handlers with these commands, they come back and auto-install themselves after a while - probably after a Plesk update.

plesk bin php_handler --remove -id alt-php73-cgi
plesk bin php_handler --remove -id alt-php73-fastcgi
plesk bin php_handler --remove -id alt-php73-fpm

How do I remove these handlers for good and not receive them ever again (while keeping the regular PHP 7.3 handler of course)? And where are they coming from - a while ago I trialied Imunify360 on the server, which have since uninstalled, and I remember it came with some alt PHP handlers, so could it be some leftover from then?

alt-php73-cgi
alt-php73-fastcgi
alt-php73-fpm
Looks like you have Plesk on CloudLinux, because it is CloudLinux PHP handlers and related packages.
As a possible solution try to remove these packages from your system.

Reactions: c0m
Looks like you have Plesk on CloudLinux, because it is CloudLinux PHP handlers and related packages.
As a possible solution try to remove these packages from your system.

Thanks Igor. After looking on the CloudLinux forums because of your suggestion, somebody has asked a similar question, so I've uninstalled the alt-php packages with the command yum groupremove alt-php

Back