• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue An error occurred during the scheduled backup

Miller

Basic Pleskian
Since upgrading to Onyx v17.5.3_build1705170317.16 os_CentOS 7 every morning I am getting an email saying

An error occurred during the scheduled backup.

Domain: oneofmydomains.co.uk

Plesk entry point: https://myserver.co.uk:8443/

The following error occurred during the scheduled backup process:

----------------------------------------------------------

There is no error displayed on the email, the backup it is referring to is a domain backup to ftp store

Hi Miller,

could you pls. go over to your Plesk Control Panel ( => Home > Tools & Settings > Backup Manager ) and check the current message(s) there?
In addition, pls. note, that your corresponding log - files may document far better, what might be wrong or with issues/errors/problems. Pls. consider to attach the latest log(s) from => "/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/"

You might like as well the following KB - article for your informations:

At the moment, there are too less informations for any other suggestions, how to solve your issue. ;)

No messages in the backup manager and I have added the log

Attachments

• backuplog.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 10
The only thing I can see in the log is "Unable to find last incremental backup, because of current backup has no version mark in the file name", I have double checked and its not set to use incremental backups

Hi Miller,

pls. should consider to switch on the PASSIVE mode, to avoid such ( possible issues ).

You could as well investigate the issue with the command:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmm-ras --check-repository --dump-storage YOUR-BACK-LOCATION.THE-DOMAIN.COM

or

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmm-ras --check-repository --dump-storage XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
( where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX has to be replaced with the IP of your storage )

Hi

The backup is set to Passive mode, I have tried checking with the command but I just get 530 Login authentication failed so I think I am doing something wrong I am using the following

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmm-ras --check-repository --dump-storage ftp://myusername:[email protected]//backups/

This only started happening after upgrading to v17.5.3_build1705170317.16

Thanks

Hi Miller,

the correct usage should be:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmm-ras --check-repository --dump-storage=ftp://myusername:[email protected]/backups
or
to prompt for a password:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmm-ras --check-repository --dump-storage=ftp://[email protected]/backups

Sorry for the delay in coming back I have been off, the results are attached

Could it be that its sending a false error report as there is no error on the email and Plesk says the backup is fine?

The only thing I have noticed it that its not deleting the check folders, could this be the problem

Thanks

Attachments

• Output.txt
    35.4 KB · Views: 7
I see the error
Curl error: (28) Timeout was reached: Last FTP request: RETR test: Last FTP response: 421 Too many connections (2) from this IP
Probably you need to increase the limit of connections on the FTP storage.

I have been in contact with the guys that host the ftp backup server looking at the number of connections and its looking like its the Too many connections error thats causing the email to be sent as I didn't get the email Friday and the error isn't shown in the log.

This issue has only started happening since I upgraded to 17.5, has anything changed with the backup in this version?

Just heard back from the ISP, Plesk has tried opening 37 concurrent connects which is why I am receiving the email

Last edited:
Back