• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

An error occurred while executing WP-CLI command for instance

Josch

New Pleskian
Hi,

since some days i get the following cron error message:

[2019-06-15 12:53:31.787] ERR [extension/wp-toolkit] An error occurred while executing WP-CLI command for instance: WordPress instance #24
('https://www.xyz.de')

When I execute the command that causes that cron error manually:

/opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/scripts/instances-auto-update.php'

I get the same error message in the terminal.

I searched everywhere but haven't found any hint, what to do to solve this.

I disconnected the two WordPress instances via Plesk > Wordpress and reconnected them - no change.

I hope you can help me with this problem.

Thank you in advance for your help

Josch

We have released a small WPT 4.1.1 update which should fix the wp-cli timeout issues. Let me know if the problem still persists. Thanks!

I'm still getting this error and I have latest WP Toolkit 4.2.2. I'm also running Cloudlinux with LVE but I only have limits set on CPU of 600%. There are no other limits set:

ERR [extension/wp-toolkit] An error occurred while executing WP-CLI command for instance: WordPress instance #123

panel.log doesn't show any other info. Not all files copied either. It's missing wp-includes and I'm not sure if that's where it's getting hung up.

Is a way to get more log detail with this error?

Last edited:
Thanks @custer and @Monty for reacting on this error/bug report. I would be very interested if it is already fixed or not!
Because we have the exact same error as @Josch described.

Here you can see the error again.

Bash:
[2023-12-07 01:13:27.247] 2612044:65710e0db6dec ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/filemng' 'ws-adminuser' 'exec' '/var/www/vhosts/somedomain.org/wordpress' 'timeout' '60' '/opt/plesk/php/8.2/bin/php' '-d' 'safe_mode=off' '-d' 'display_errors=on' '-d' 'opcache.enable_cli=off' '-d' 'open_basedir=' '-d' 'error_reporting=0' '-d' 'max_execution_time=60' '-c' '/var/www/vhosts/system/somedomain.org/etc/php.ini' '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/vendor/wp-cli/wpt-wp-cli.php' '--path=/var/www/vhosts/somedomain.org/wordpress' '--no-color' 'plugin' 'auto-updates' 'enable' 'health-check-troubleshooting-mode' '--skip-plugins=false' '--skip-themes=false'] with exit code [1]

[2023-12-07 01:13:27.250] 2612044:65710e0db6dec ERR [extension/wp-toolkit] An error occurred while executing WP-CLI command for instance: WordPress installation #9 ('https://somedomain.org'). Warning: The 'health-check-troubleshooting-mode' plugin could not be found.
Error: No plugins provided to enable auto-updates for.

[2023-12-07 01:13:28.330] 2612044:65710e0db6dec ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/filemng' 'ws-adminuser' 'exec' '/var/www/vhosts/somedomain.org/wordpress' 'timeout' '60' '/opt/plesk/php/8.2/bin/php' '-d' 'safe_mode=off' '-d' 'display_errors=on' '-d' 'opcache.enable_cli=off' '-d' 'open_basedir=' '-d' 'error_reporting=0' '-d' 'max_execution_time=60' '-c' '/var/www/vhosts/system/somedomain.org/etc/php.ini' '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/vendor/wp-cli/wpt-wp-cli.php' '--path=/var/www/vhosts/somedomain.org/wordpress' '--no-color' 'plugin' 'auto-updates' 'enable' 'health-check-troubleshooting-mode' '--skip-plugins=all-in-one-event-calendar,contact-form-7,cookie-notice,elementor,envira-gallery-lite,facebook-for-woocommerce,google-analytics-for-wordpress,health-check,mailchimp-for-woocommerce,mailchimp-for-wp,seo-by-rank-math,resmushit-image-optimizer,royal-elementor-addons,smart-slider-3,instagram-feed,woocustomizer,updraftplus,use-any-font,woocommerce-menu-bar-cart,health-check-troubleshooting-mode'] with exit code [1]

[2023-12-07 01:13:28.331] 2612044:65710e0db6dec ERR [extension/wp-toolkit] An error occurred while executing WP-CLI command for instance: WordPress installation #9 ('https://somedomain.org'). Warning: The 'health-check-troubleshooting-mode' plugin could not be found.

[2023-12-07 01:13:28.332] 2612044:65710e0db6dec ERR [extension/wp-toolkit] Failed to enable auto-updates for WordPress installation #9 ('https://somedomain.org') plugins: health-check-troubleshooting-mode. Warning: The 'health-check-troubleshooting-mode' plugin could not be found.

The error is visible if one is enabling the error reporting for the following scheduled task.

/opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/scripts/instances-auto-update.php

1701956890746.png

Maybe somebody can explain what this scheduled task is doing. As far I know Wordpress can update their plugins/themes/etc. on its own!?
Many thanks!

Back