• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question ANCM In-Process Handler Load Failure on asp.net core 2.2 app

bahadori

New Pleskian
i have installed .net core 2.2.5 runtime on my server, and create a empty .net core project, after upload get the following error:

HTTP Error 500.0 - ANCM In-Process Handler Load Failure
Common causes of this issue:
  • The specified version of Microsoft.NetCore.App or Microsoft.AspNetCore.App was not found.
  • The in process request handler, Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.IIS, was not referenced in the application.
  • ANCM could not find dotnet.
Troubleshooting steps:
  • Check the system event log for error messages
  • Enable logging the application process' stdout messages
  • Attach a debugger to the application process and inspect
For more information visit: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=2028526

how to config plesk server for run .net core app?

Starting from ASP.NET Core version 2.2 there are two options on how .NET Core is hosted: either inside IIS pool process, or in separate process (before .NET Core 2.2 there was only option to host in separate process).
Unfortunately, Plesk configures IIS application pools to work in 32-bit mode, and new option to host .NET Core applications inside IIS pool process is not working properly.
You can workaround this by switching IIS pool in 64-bit mode. You cannot do this in Plesk, only manually in IIS ( How to know what mode (32 or 64-bit) the application pool is running? in this KB article you can read how to find this option in IIS).

Other workaround is to configure your ASP.NET Core application to host outside of IIS in separate process. This can be done in web.config for your site or maybe in your development environment.

Starting from ASP.NET Core version 2.2 there are two options on how .NET Core is hosted: either inside IIS pool process, or in separate process (before .NET Core 2.2 there was only option to host in separate process).
Unfortunately, Plesk configures IIS application pools to work in 32-bit mode, and new option to host .NET Core applications inside IIS pool process is not working properly.
You can workaround this by switching IIS pool in 64-bit mode. You cannot do this in Plesk, only manually in IIS ( How to know what mode (32 or 64-bit) the application pool is running? in this KB article you can read how to find this option in IIS).

Other workaround is to configure your ASP.NET Core application to host outside of IIS in separate process. This can be done in web.config for your site or maybe in your development environment.

when i set enable 32 bit application to false, website working without error, how can i set this option as default for all old and new websites?

Back