• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Annoyances with autoinstaller

LarsenD

Regular Pleskian
1)

While updating you get this question:
Proceeding with installation or upgrade without resolving the issues
that were found can corrupt your data.

Do you want to continue?
Type either Yes or No:
[N]: y

The N in square brackets looks like you can simply use "y" to continue, but in fact you need to type not even "yes" but "Yes" (capital Y). This is opposed to other questions, where a "y" is sufficient, e.g. "You have the product version Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4.4 installed. Do you want to upgrade it?"

Please fix this to a consistens behaviour (preferably "y").

As I guess the stupid forced delay between posts is still active, I now simply put a second problem into this post whereas in normal forums I would start a new thread to keep things tidy

2)

There are 6 packages required for the product to function properly, which
were not found in your system.
(...)
S) Show a list of packages; L) Return to primary components list;

When I press "s", the list is shown for some milliseconds, but then the screen is refreshed showing only the previous text again. Therefore, you cannot find out which packages are missing.

This is not to get a workaround as I know that. I mention this so Parallels can fix this problem.

Lars

Thanks for sharing that feedback, am sure parallels will find it very helpful.

Another inconsistency:

To select a version, type the respective number;
Select an action [N]:

Pressing "y" doesn´t work. If I press Enter and get this explanation
Y) Yes; N) No
Type Y for yes, or N for No: y
...only then I can simply press "y" to continue.

@Paralells: please fix this

You should use "Yes" only for license key checking and pre-upgrade script stages because of safety. For all other operations you can use the "y".

Believe me, when you have to update 30 servers this gets somewhat annoying. And I don´t see any real security improvement with that. Users who don´t know what they are doing will also blindly enter "Yes".

At least, please make also "yes" work even if it doesn´t seem to make a difference for you.

Back