1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Annoyances with autoinstaller

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Linux' started by LarsenD, Oct 17, 2012.

1. LarsenD

LarsenD Regular Pleskian

23%
    1)

While updating you get this question:
    The N in square brackets looks like you can simply use "y" to continue, but in fact you need to type not even "yes" but "Yes" (capital Y). This is opposed to other questions, where a "y" is sufficient, e.g. "You have the product version Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4.4 installed. Do you want to upgrade it?"

Please fix this to a consistens behaviour (preferably "y").

As I guess the stupid forced delay between posts is still active, I now simply put a second problem into this post whereas in normal forums I would start a new thread to keep things tidy

2)

When I press "s", the list is shown for some milliseconds, but then the screen is refreshed showing only the previous text again. Therefore, you cannot find out which packages are missing.

This is not to get a workaround as I know that. I mention this so Parallels can fix this problem.

Lars

2. abdi

abdi Platinum Pleskian

18%
    Thanks for sharing that feedback, am sure parallels will find it very helpful.

3. LarsenD

LarsenD Regular Pleskian

23%
    Another inconsistency:

Pressing "y" doesn´t work. If I press Enter and get this explanation
    ...only then I can simply press "y" to continue.

@Paralells: please fix this

4. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    You should use "Yes" only for license key checking and pre-upgrade script stages because of safety. For all other operations you can use the "y".

5. LarsenD

LarsenD Regular Pleskian

23%
    Believe me, when you have to update 30 servers this gets somewhat annoying. And I don´t see any real security improvement with that. Users who don´t know what they are doing will also blindly enter "Yes".

At least, please make also "yes" work even if it doesn´t seem to make a difference for you.

6. abdi

abdi Platinum Pleskian

18%
    +1 on that ...