• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Antivirus on Plesk for Windows..???

T

TheFOX

What happened to Dr.Web antivirus for the windows version of Plesk...

Before it said that it would be released in august or september... but now it almost nowember and the release note has been removed...

Will we see a version for windows or..?? And if not what alternatives do we have.

If somebody know of a working solution it would be nice.

We have to find another solution for the virus protection both server and the clients' mails.

I use TREND server protect, I have installed the trial version. But I am not sure it will protect the mail traffic? ýs it?

Which virus program are you using?

F-Prot Antivirus 3.15a.
Link

It scans and capture about 500+ viruses in emails (in 700+ email accounts)

Since real time scanning for the server cannot be enabled, I've used the Scheduler and it captured viruses too.

Updater works well, and the Technical Support was fast good too by helping on some issues like automated settings FAQ when I email them...

So far it doesn't seems to have any issues with Plesk.

real time scanning for the server cannot be enabled

i know this is a mailenable issue (locked mails etc) ..
Did you use mailenable pro to implement a mail scanner ??

of are you scanning every day (scheduled) this would give a performance hit ...

Confused....

So what do people do now...? As I see it, it must be a solution that works with mailenable, as it is used by Plesk.

On MailEnables website it says that Antivirus can be configured on ME Pro, not the free standard edition (can't find it anyway). So have you guys upgrade the MailEnable to the Pro version... And How does that work together with Plesk.

If I upgrade the MailEnable server to ME Pro, will the support still be able if I later choose to buy that from Plesk. You know...I'm really thinking about buying the "email support service pack" as it looks like the Plesk support team is far to busy to look and answer this forum.

By upgrading the MailEnable to the Pro version you also get the posibility to use IMAP, not only POP3. And a more advanced webmail (it loos like).

If I upgrade to ME Pro, what happens with Horde... Will it conflict with ME Pro webmail, or can I remove Horde and make plesk use ME Pro's webmail

If anyone have some advice on this subject it would be nice... And if you are from the Plesk support Team... please don't mind sending your feedback as well... I'm sure it will be more than welcome ;-)

PS! I just love my Plesk, it's the support that I find very poor.

Yes as I said, F-Prot works fine with Mailenable pro so far scanning all emails and catching them all.

TheFOX: I have mail enable standard that comes with Plesk first, then installed Pro version over it and it works great.

I've installed like that over a couple of servers and it seems fine so far...

Horde is being replaced by Mailenable Pro's Web mail after installed, I didn;t remove it anyway.

okay... sounds easy

Cool... That means that I don't have to do anything about the webmail issue... it will just be the new one by Mailenable after install... and the adress will still be webmail.domain.com... am I understanding you correct?

What about the Plesk Support any idea if it will be a problem if I choose to buy the Email support..?

Does F-Prot work automatic in the background on all mails coming to the server.?? I can't see any server licens on the site just a licens for one computer, does that mean, that it can be used for all sites on one cpu..? or...

yes that's right, webmail.domain.com

F-Prot work automatic in the background on all mails coming to the server, yes! For license issues think it's better to ask them, I didn;t do the purcahse, I admin the server that's all.

ME Pro price...

The price for the MailEnable Pro is 220$... a little high, but it includes a more advanved webmail, with:
Supports viewing of HTML mail
Append and Open E-Mail attachments
Support for various charactersets (Big5, etc.)
Auto-signature, Read receipts, message priority, Timezone selection
Manage folders
Contact list
Configure redirection
Configure POP Retrieval
Custom skins/custom interface
Change passwords

And it also supports IMAP, not only POP3

But as mentioned, I haven tried it as I don't know if Plesk support will "work" if the ME is upgraded....

Placed a mail with F-Prots sales department, but...

I have placed an e-mail with F-Prots sales department to find out about there server licens and prices, so I hope to hear from them soon...

But now it's 2 days since I mailed them and still no answer.

I think the IMAP and new webmail only is worth $220. Is that a one time fee and where can I buy it?

Plesk 7.0.3 Supports ClamAV (SOSDG Distribution) WITHOUT having ME Pro installed, just download the installer, install on the default install path, and set plesk to use ClamAV under "default components" in the server config. Thats all, its work 100% for me with plesk 7.0.3.

Since ClamAV its free, and ME Standard its also free I liked this solution.

-Andres

Back