• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Any Successful upgrade Windows upgrade

shoggy24

Regular Pleskian
Any Successful Windows upgrade

There seem to be tons of Linux issues regarding upgrade to version 9. So i am curious to know if anyone did a successful upgrade on the Windows platform. I am currently on Version 8.6 and tempted to do the upgrade but all this issues makes it seem like Parallels it's using is clients as beta testers and then charging them a fee to resolve issues caused by the upgrade.

I did. But I can not find a backup for all sites any longer, just a domain backup...

Looks like no one escaped unscathe, but compare to some threads i have read here seems yours is a small price to pay. The worse thing is i am yet to come across a single answer from the Mods or parallels. I guess they would rather you pay to fix what the product they rolled out broke. Shame

shoggy24, this is happening for some thime now, everything is a joke, the developpers don't care about anything and the same goes with the rest of parallels. Plesk is very buggy and should not be installed at all, unless you have no other alternative. I do not think this will change soon so forget about Plesk 9.0. Maby Plesk 9.6 will be ok.

I was just looking at plesk 9
and to be honest it makes me nervous, Ive been running plesk since 7.6 and EVERY upgrade became a nightmare. I never had a succesful upgrade to ANY version of plesk. I think this product is a joke and they want to charge you when THEIR product breaks your stuff! I just did an upgrade from 8.3 to 8.6 and it put me down for 2 days. my clients were screaming at me.
I think I might look for an alternative control panel rather than plesk that runs on windows.

Take a look at this:

Highest Stability

Plesk has been specifically designed to be the most stable and secure control panel available. Plesk has been proven under fire managing 5 million plus domains globally and can support thousands of accounts per server increasing profitability.

What a funny joke :)

Listen, guys, Plesk is not stable under 1 domain, not to mention 5 million.
Marketing bull*hit! You should be a shame.

After testing on dummy server i decided to bite the bullet and upgrade.I have to say it went well, not a single error. Hope it stays that way, keeping my finger crossed.

I would be *very* interested in hearing how your backups go (either domain or full). I have had a lot of issues. What is most annoying is that my scheduled domain backups that get FTP'ed to a remote server for backup failed everytime. The transfer almost completes, then dies with a curl timeout. So I have not been able to automate my remote backups since upgrading.

Other issues that I had was that when a domain crossed over their resources, the domain was suspended. The was not the case with 8.6. You change change the settigs in 9.0, but I was unaware that the behavior was going to change. So, with the FTP'ing failing, the backups were accumulating in the domain repository and causing the domain accounts to go over their allotted resources which then suspended the accounts - all while I was away at a client site for the day. That was fun.

Anyway, if you do any offsite FTP'ing of backups, I would be interested to hear your results. I have posted the problem in another thread here, but I have had no official responses from Parallels. I am starting to look at alternative control panels because of the lack of support, but I'd like to find out if it's just me first.

Thanks for your time!

personally i dont use the backups in Plesk as I use other forms of server wide backups, but I would hope that if my customers wanted to backup something they would be able to do so

The upgrades on my test boxes (both linux and windows) went fairly smoothly, although the betas for each (expectedly) were horrendously buggy - but that was expected.

I havent done any in place upgrades of live production servers, so hopefully that wont cause any issues, but then I wont be doing it until march - when all the bugs of a December Launch finally get fixed.

Backup is definetly ****. When i start the backup from the control panel it completes and starts the upload to an FTP server but some where just before completing it returns an error message. The uploaded file remains in the FTP repository but i havent tried to restore the uploaded data to see if it was succesful or not

Back