• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Any way to migrate a site from 18 to 17?

HostaHost

Regular Pleskian
Curious if anyone knows of a way to migrate a site from Plesk 18 to 17? I have a very unique use case where this is going to be required. I don't care much about passwords in case that matters, from a backup export with or without pass phrase perspective, but do need all the email and all the webmail settings, which is the sticking point trying to do it manually as a full site recreate and file/database/email copy. Migration manager won't go backwards and Plesk 18 backups seem to not be able to import on 17 with or without pass phrase.

I do not believe that is possible due to the many changes involved from the old and new version. Going from 17 to 18 is no problem, 18 to 17 don't think you can do it, at least automatically. You could probably do it manually, though.

You cannot downgrade Plesk. Neither can the Plesk Migrator migrate from a newer version to an older version, because the older version does not know the formats of the newer version. Instead you can use the Site Import extension to import a website and emails. But it will not be possible to import all, e.g. webmail settings.

Back