• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

anyone done an upgrade without problems???

D

DarkHorizons

Hi,

I am currently running 7.5.2 and was contemplating an upgrade to 7.5.4 but with all these crazy "upgrade broke" threads I am wondering if it is even worth it?

Has anyone done this without something going wrong? The server I want to upgrade is pretty standard, with about 150 domains on it and nothing super custom going on.

My cPanel server is so much easier to upgrade. :(

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I used the ART Yum channels to upgrade to 7.54 (Went from 7.52 -> 7.53 -> 7.54) about a month ago. I have not run into any problems since that time. I'm running FC2.

On a side note, before doing the upgrade I did take the files from several of my larger clients (I do the web development as well as manage the server so no additional permission was needed), and tested the upgrade on a vmware test server. I would suggest doing the same as you may catch any potential problems at that time.

Back