• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Anyone tried the MailEnable Lockdown patch yet?

Great jerry, good to know :)
Did you stop DrWeb antivirus while you installed? The installation instructions says something about stopping on-access antivirus scanners and doing something else with the "mail storage", which I'm not sure what means?

Did you just download and install the file, without doing anything else?

Reboot necessary afterwards?

Well, i tested it and it really messed PLESK 8.1.1 Up bad. The services could not be restarted, the webmail server could no longer be recognised by PLESK. Could not even uninstall it from ADD/Remove programs. To roll back you can go in to the mailenable/bin folder and use the MEInstaller.exe then select option #10. After that all is back to normal.

Originally posted by Traged1
Well, i tested it and it really messed PLESK 8.1.1 Up bad. The services could not be restarted, the webmail server could no longer be recognised by PLESK. Could not even uninstall it from ADD/Remove programs. To roll back you can go in to the mailenable/bin folder and use the MEInstaller.exe then select option #10. After that all is back to normal.

Doesn't sound good :(
It's amazing why they just can't make software that works!!

Well, at least the roll-back works flawlessly?

I'm gonan give it a try next week I think, and hope for the best. Will have to do the rollback if it screws up.

Are you using standard, pro or enterprise ME?

You say you do not use the MailEnable Webmail correct?

Based on the consistent flaws in ME and Plesk we decided not to install the lockdown patch. As a result some servers now run Smartermail and some have seperate, non plesk linked mailservers. I dont trust either SwSoft or Mailenable to produce working updates anymore.

Back