• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved apache 503 error after pecl install memcache-beta

yehudigt

Basic Pleskian
I tried to install pecl memcache v 3.0.x with the following command (I already had memcache v2 installed):
/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/pecl/install/memcache-beta

After this I can't use plesk php 5.6 or plesk php7 anymore. I always get a 503 error and I'm unable to solve this problem.
If I try to change the php version via plesk I get this error back:
phpinimng failed: Job for plesk-php70-fpm.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status plesk-php70-fpm.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. Failed to start plesk-php70-fpm service
Can anyone help me trace this issue?

Hi yehudigt,

first of all, your used command was wrong:

/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/pecl/install/memcache-beta
The correct command would be:

/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/pecl install memcache-beta

Second, your error:

phpinimng failed: Job for plesk-php70-fpm.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status plesk-php70-fpm.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. Failed to start plesk-php70-fpm service
... leads to a previous started PHP-FPM - socket for the specific domain/subdomain, which causes a failure, when you try to restart another socket, with another PHP - handler.

Consider to stop for example the Plesk-PHP5.6-FPM and the Plesk-PHP7.0-FPM service manually with the command:

service plesk-php56-fpm stop && service plesk-php70-fpm stop

Pls. check that there are no more ( orphaned ) sockets at for example:

/var/www/vhosts/system/DOMAIN-OR-SUB-DOMAIN.COM

and control that you have ONLY ONE domain-subdomain - specific PHP-FPM configuration at for example "/opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php-fpm.d" AND "/opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php-fpm.d". ( use for example "ls -lah /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php-fpm.d" to list the existent configuration files ).

When you checked, that you have ONLY ONE domain-subdomain - specific PHP-FPM configuration file, restart the depending services with:

service plesk-php56-fpm start && service plesk-php70-fpm start

Thank you UFHH01,
I'm sorry I mispelled. I did install memcache 3 correctly with /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/pecl install memcache-beta

You led me to the correct solution. I had to struggle a bit and found there was some kind of misconfiguration on a domain. Thank you very much for your help, you have been very useful.

Back