• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

API to select horde Webmail

A

AronD

Plesk version: 9.5.2
Linux: CentOS 5

Problem:

Im using the Plesk API to setup clients, domains and email addresses. On some ocassions I need to enable Horde webmail for a domain which works fine when selected manually. The problem comes about when Im trying to select the appropriate webmail program for a particular domain using the API.

screenshot below shows the options Ive given for selecting webmail manually through Plesk. All I want to do is change the Webmail drop down from 'None' to 'Horde 4.3.6' using the API.

plesk-mail-preferences.jpg

However according to the API documentation http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.3-api-rpc/index.htm?fileName=34479.htm The webmail option is a boolean of either true or false.

Does anyone know how I can select the Horde webmail ?

Here is the packet im sending to the API:

<?php
$packet = <<<EOP
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<packet version="1.5.2.1">
<mail>
<set_prefs>
<filter>
<domain_id>$domain_id</domain_id>
</filter>
<prefs>
<nonexistent-user>
<reject/>
</nonexistent-user>
<webmail>true</webmail>
<spam-protect-sign>false</spam-protect-sign>
</prefs>
</set_prefs>
</mail>
</packet>
EOP;
?>

What is result there when you select

<webmail>true</webmail> or <webmail>false</webmail> in your API request?

If I correctly understood Horde should be selected in 'true' case and None when you select 'false'?

Thank you for your reply, When I run the packet on the API, the command seems to succeed but the webmail dropdown still shows as 'None' when I log into the Plesk control panel and view the mail preferences for the specified domain.

More testing

Ive tried runing the packet on the API and it seems to succeed without error but the drop down in the Plesk control panel still shows as 'None' for the domain in question.

It would be really useful to be able to set this option to Horde either through the API or is there a way to set Horde as the default?

'webmail' API option will not select Webmail application. It specifies whether mail users will have access to their mail via a WebMail application. I think that it is impossible to select Webmail application - Horde, Atmail or None via API request.

That part of the documentation is not updated. I had the same problem a year ago.

Use: <webmail>horde</webmail> or <webmail>none</webmail>

I have forwarded corresponding request to developers.

Back