• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Application Vault "error in your SQL syntax"

shall

Regular Pleskian
Receiving the following error in Plesk when clicking the 'Application Vault' link in the 'Server' tab.

DB query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'release)) = LOWER("WordPress-2.0-25")' at line 1
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:213
db_query(string 'SELECT id FROM SiteAppPackages WHERE LOWER(CONCAT(name, "-", version, "-", release)) = LOWER("WordPress-2.0-25")')
1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\SiteApps\class.SiteAppPackageManager.php:371
SiteAppPackageManager::getSiteAppPackageId(string 'WordPress-2.0-25')
2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\SiteApps\class.SiteAppPackageManager.php:291
SiteAppPackageManager->syncWithDatabase()
3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\server\site_app_pkgs.php:39

Any idea how to fix it?

I'm installing the new application pack now, but I doubt it will fix an SQL coding issue - it appears to be a direct result of using the reserved word 'release' in the SQL:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/reserved-words.html

I would try to switch Pelsk database provider to another type to MSSQL or JET for instance and see if it helps

thanks Ally,

I'm hesitant to switch database providers again because the last time I did (with 8.3.0.0) the entire database was abandoned and I had to restore it from backup - leaving Plesk and several Plesk-dependent functions unavailable for 2 hours while I reinstalled and restored from backup. That bug was fixed in 8.3.0.1, but who knows how many other bugs were introduced in 8.4?

If at all possible, I'd really just like Parallels to fix their obvious SQL error and post a replacement "common_func.php3" file that I can use to get access to the app vault again.

Fortunately my clients are able to access the applications functionality on their end. I am not able to through the administrator login, though.

Parallels, of course, doesn't want to hear about it because I license Plesk through my server provider.

Receiving the following error in Plesk when clicking the 'Application Vault' link in the 'Server' tab.

Any idea how to fix it?

I'm installing the new application pack now, but I doubt it will fix an SQL coding issue - it appears to be a direct result of using the reserved word 'release' in the SQL:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/reserved-words.html

Hello shall,

Plesk uses MySQL 4.1.22 as admin's storage. Seems you have upgraded it up to 5.0.
Please switch admin's provider to earlier MySQL or MSSQL/JET.

Plesk uses MySQL 4.1.22 as admin's storage.

Maybe this could be put in the FAQ somewhere. Or maybe it could be setup to CHECK the database version before it allows you to switch to v5. I always thought "SELECT version();" was a simple enough line of code. Just a thought.

It was probably you that fixed the appvault on my server, thanks for that.

But maybe next time you can avoid breaking my email and webmail - or at least leave a note somewhere saying what you did so I don't have to spend 4 hours tracking down the problems you created so I could resolve them?

Back