• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Applications and PHP version

layerwire

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Plesk has an awesome auto installer, BUT there is one annoying issue. We are getting now every month same tickets with this issue.
This happens at this moment with OpenCart, but I think it's not the only one with the same issue.
Usually, after purchasing hosting, users just add domains and as a default, they pick up PHP 7.
Later they want to install OpenCart with autoinstaller, but it won't because you have to switch to PHP 5.

You get this error if you try to install it with PHP 7:
"The mysql extension was not found"

Why autoinstaller can't change PHP version as recommended, before installation? I bet there is a plenty more script/CMS which need specific PHP version.

I think this is something to suggest as a feature in Feature Suggestions: Top (1400 ideas) – Your Ideas for Plesk , because it is not self-evident for Plesk to check what requirements specific software packages have. The correct solution would be that the software manufacturers took care of upgrading their software to be compatible with latest PHP versions. The question is whether it should really be part of Plesk's work to have a list to workaround software deficiencies.

Yes, you can submit feature request to Plesk UserVoice, but I suppose it will be declined because it is really task of APS package vendors to make their packages compatible with Plesk but not vice versa.

Yeah, I understand.
It's more about QoL, make our life easier. Or at least it would be nice to get additional information showing then you install the application.
Something like "Check your PHP x.x version before installation"

Last edited:
Good point NKV, if plesk gives this option to select the php version required for different applications like , cubecart or say wordpress, joomla or drupal anything on which client wants to select there own php version will really help lots of web hosting providers. Thank you Peter for your response but I personally feel if Plesk can offer multiple php version selection that should be great.. Cpanel offers it, this can add up to Plesk features.

Back