1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

AppVault packages don't install

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Spazholio@, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Spazholio@

Spazholio@ Guest

I get the error message:

Warning: Program execution failed, please check Plesk Control Panel's log files for details (Unable to find command line php interpreter.). Contact your system administrator for assistance.
    Warning: Site application installation failed: Unable to find command line php interpreter.

First off, I have no idea where "Plesk Control Panel's log files" are. Secondly, I'm quite sure that the command line php interpreter is functioning.

In short, I think AppVault's gone all retarded on me. How do I un-retardify it?

2. Spazholio@

Spazholio@ Guest

Bump

Still haven't figured this one out

3. ib1984

ib1984 Basic Pleskian

70%
    it seems that 'php' binary is not in PATH and Vault's installation scripts cannot find it. Check where 'php' binary is (in ssh session):

which php

If there are no 'php' binary found or it is in /usr/local/bin or any other location you may need to create appropriate symlink to put it into /usr/bin so every application would find it:

ln -s /usr/local/bin/php /usr/bin/php

4. Spazholio@

Spazholio@ Guest

Unfortunately, that's not it. PHP is found just fine by websites, command-line and Plesk itself. It's just the AppVault that can't find it.

5. cbxx

cbxx Guest

I have the same problem with an Centos4.6 server and php4.3.11, but with another server Centos4.6 with php4.4.2 it's seem works fine, try to update your php...

6. Spazholio@

Spazholio@ Guest

Already did. I'm at 5.2.6.

7. Spazholio@

Spazholio@ Guest

Bump. I'm at 8.6 and all the most recent packages. My app vault is 100% useless as a result of this. Can anyone PLEASE help?

8. Spazholio@

Spazholio@ Guest

Bump again. Really need an answer here.

9. DarkSir23

DarkSir23 Guest

I'm also experiencing this problem. I'm running Plesk 8.6, on Fedora Core 5, and I just recently upgraded from Fedora Core 4 to 5, and replaced Plesk accordingly. Where is the log file referred to contained? I'd check it, but I'm not sure where it's saved.

Warning: Program execution failed, please check Plesk Control Panel's log files for details (Unable to find command line php interpreter.). Contact your system administrator for assistance.

I've verified that the php command line is located at /usr/bin/php , and does show up when I use 'which php' -- So I'm assuming that Plesk isn't looking at the path, or some other error is masquerading as a missing CLI.

Spazholio, you've not posted on this since September, did you find an answer?

10. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

Its been moved into the 8.6 or 9.0 forums now (cant remember which offhand)