• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ASP files: Unauthorized

T

Timm4y

Hi,

My problem is as follows;
The server we rent was moved to a system with Plesk 7.5.3. this killed the webpage cause it makes heavy use of ASP files.

Whenever I try to access an ASP file I get the error "Access is denied due to invalid credentials." even though annonymous access is enabled. Regular html pages are no problem however.

I've tried to create virtual folders in order to set execute permission options (which otherwise aren't available), but to no avail. Also tried to "change role" in the FPconsole of the annonymour user, also unsuccessful.

When logged in with the adminaccount everything works but the occasional "ASP_0131|Disallowed_Parent_Path" error (from logs)

What should I do to solve this problem? As this is really frustrating, and alot of offices now cannot access their documents now until I get this sorted out :( (or find a better server WITHOUT Plesk!)

I don't physically have access to the server as it's rented. I just have access to the Plesk 7.5.3 control panel.

open run->inetmgr
and later find site
click right button
home directory
configuration
enable parent path
as denoted VBscipt

and additionally change ftp username if there will be occurance of asking username and password

Back