• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue problem installing ldap

infutura

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Versión 18.0.47 Actualización 5
Hello:
I'm trying to install ldap on my ubuntu server with plesk running to be able to query existing emails from my proxmox mail gateway using ldap but I get the following problem when starting it:

Can't read encryption key from '/var/spool/postfix/plesk/passwd_db_key': Permission denied (13)
Failed to initialize encryption cipher 'AES-256-CBC:pKCS' with key '/var/spool/postfix/plesk/passwd_db_key'
Failed to initialize password cipher context
auxpropfunc error no mechanism available
_sasl_plugin_load failed on sasl_auxprop_plug_init
slapd starting
...done.
Started LSB: OpenLDAP standalone server (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol).
The permissions of said file are the following, I understand that they are correct:
-r--r----- 1 postfix root 32 Dec 6 12:22 /var/spool/postfix/plesk/passwd_db_key
When it does not start, it does not allow me to create organizational units or anything, it always tells me:
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
Could someone tell me how to fix this?
Thank you

I would suggest you check SELinux status with

# getenforce

I would suggest you check SELinux status with

# getenforce
Hello:
I have installed the selinux-utils package since I did not have it installed and when I run getenforce it tells me disabled
how should i proceed?
Thank you

In order to read the file, an application must either be postfix or have root privileges. Your error message says that you are running a standalone server. Under which user account is the server starting?

In order to read the file, an application must either be postfix or have root privileges. Your error message says that you are running a standalone server. Under which user account is the server starting?
hello
I have added the user openldap to the postfix group and restarted both services but it still gives me the same error
what else should i do?
Thank you

Back