• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

asp.net has not a read\write\delete permission for the app_data folder

T

Tolahouse

I get this error message when trying to publish a page new that has nothing on it. This is supposed to happen only when you try to publish dynamic content to a static site.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue.

Thx

You need to grand these rights to application pool account to access application App_Data folder. Dynamic application cannot work without them, cause this folder contains database and dynamic files.

What you say makes sense. Could you list out a step by step means of doing it. I have looked around and I'm completly lost in linking rights from Application Pool in IIS and App_data folder deep under the windows folder.

Originally posted by Tolahouse
What you say makes sense. Could you list out a step by step means of doing it. I have looked around and I'm completly lost in linking rights from Application Pool in IIS and App_data folder deep under the windows folder.

As I understand you will need only add necessary permissions for the publishing site folder. From documentation following information:
ASP.NET account should have the following permissions:

* If the App_Data folder does not exist, read/write/delete permission for the root folder is required.
* If the App_Data folder exists, then read/write/delete permission for the App_Data folder and read permission for the root folder
are required.

So you need get into appropriate folder. Right mouse-click on it, select Properties -> Security and if ASPNET user already exists in 'Group or user name's section' set necessary permissions for it. If it doesn't exist, first of all add it and then set correct permissions.

Given access to the ASP.NET but still error occurs

I have given access to the App_data folder as suggested within the sitebuilder site folder and the one in the same folder as sitebuilder and I still get this error.

Cannot publish site because the publishing location status is 'Static only'. If you want to publish anyway, please remove all modules from your site.
Details:
ASP.NET account does not have write permission for the App_Data folder.
ASP.NET account does not have delete permission for the App_Data folder..

Can anyone help?

Back