• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

asp.net web admin for ms sql problems

• Thread starter opusinteractive
  • Start date
O

opusinteractive

has anyone else seen this problem before?

when logging in with the web admin, it appears that it is attempted to connect to random databases rather than the proper db for the site.

i can log in over and over and it will keep alternating which db it tries to access. this happens for every user account on the server. eventually it will hit the right db and grant access, but i am pretty sure this is not the way it is supposed to work.

this only happens with the asp.net webadmin, phpmyadmin seems to work fine, but only one site on this server uses mysql at this time.

I take not on that you with db webadmin try into one mssql data base to come.

webadmin is only for mysql data base.
for mssql it does not have a webtool.

so the asp.net webadmin is not meant for the mssql db? then why does it offer that option when i click on an mssql db in the control panel?

it worked fine when there was only 1 mssql db on the server, but now there are about 20 and its flipping out.

apology surveyed something
tool up to now yet did not see. since when there is that.
are correctly frightened the whole masters data base accessed.

I test part now, sorry .

oops part has dangerous authorization problems and errors.

with create a new db1 as a user i have on the master table access and to me createt db1. if i make a other new db2 i have also access to the whole master db and db2 - but to that db1 which i made before i have no more access. even if i logon new again.

will try to find out why.

i have not had it give me access to other db when it picks the correct db and lets me log in (as of yet).

i can log in via enterprise manager fine and that works as expected.

<i have not had it give me access to other db when it picks the correct db> that is correct . but to the masters db

accessed to the data base provided befor by me have i not - when i create anew data base. but then i have access to the masters data base. and can do everything changes also the authorization for SA. that may not be as a user. one does not have continued to access to the data bases already provided

the error does not refer to mssql manager. normally I work also with that mssql manager. since the version 7 build 00xxx is a Web admin tool available. I did not see dis webtool and did not never try that out. it has a large safety gap.
you should announce it plesk

are you sure you can do anything with the master database?

I had the impression it's read-only..

honestly said, no .
I am so rigidly that I the masters db saw as user. I do not have tried to change could fatal follow have. still retrieve it on a test server. such a thing should not be.

I think it's in alpha stage.. I was surprised plesk has it on production servers, nevertheless I was happy to find a graphical inerface to MSDE installed. I'd like to be able to upgrade it though

Has this issue been resolved yet?
I cannot access DB Webadmin tool, it only refreshes login page.

I have the same issue, its flipping like crazy, in one of our servers it start happing as soon we put the 7.0.3 patch.

I submitted a ticket for this issue but I am still waiting for a solution, the problem with this is issue is that its difficult to reproduce, but I have over 5 clients in the past week complaining about this issue with all of them saying their db admin have not access to 'some other database'.

If the use MS SQL Enterprise there's no problem. If they go straight to http://mssql.<domain>, there's way less chances or zero chances that this problem show up, but if they launch the Web DB admin tool from the control panel its happening very frequently.

If I get a solution for this problem, I definitely will posted here!

Back