• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ASP Page not reading Form POST information

Tanner:

yet another question:

I tried to generate sql to re-create the database and when I ran it both in SSMS and in the Plesk interface, I got a ton of errors:

Changed database context to 'fsedb'.

Changed database context to 'master'.

/****** Object: Database [fsedb] Script Date: 9/4/2014 2:27:28 PM ******/
DROP DATABASE [fsedb]
Msg 3701, Level 11, State 1, Line number 2
Cannot drop the database 'fsedb', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

/****** Object: Database [fsedb] Script Date: 9/4/2014 2:27:28 PM ******/
CREATE DATABASE [fsedb]
CONTAINMENT = NONE
ON PRIMARY
( NAME = N'fsedb', FILENAME = N'E:\MSSQL.MSSQLSERVER\DATA\fsedb_fsedb_f29bd3f3977d47479d20c61ca66c7ec4.mdf' , SIZE = 7744KB , MAXSIZE = 204800KB , FILEGROWTH = 1024KB )
LOG ON
( NAME = N'fsedb_log', FILENAME = N'D:\MSSQL.MSSQLSERVER\DATA\fsedb_fsedb_log_2d8896107626458f95aadf59d70b1934.ldf' , SIZE = 4160KB , MAXSIZE = 102400KB , FILEGROWTH = 1024KB )
Msg 262, Level 14, State 1, Line number 2
CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'.

ALTER DATABASE [fsedb] SET COMPATIBILITY_LEVEL = 110
Msg 1205, Level 13, State 68, Line number 1
Transaction (Process ID 555) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

Msg 5069, Level 16, State 1, Line number 1
ALTER DATABASE statement failed.

IF (1 = FULLTEXTSERVICEPROPERTY('IsFullTextInstalled'))
begin
EXEC [fsedb].[dbo].[sp_fulltext_database] @action = 'enable'
end
Msg 15247, Level 16, State 1, Line number 27
User does not have permission to perform this action.

ALTER DATABASE [fsedb] SET ANSI_NULL_DEFAULT OFF
Msg 1205, Level 13, State 68, Line number 1
Transaction (Process ID 555) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

Msg 5069, Level 16, State 1, Line number 1
ALTER DATABASE statement failed.

Hi Tim,

It's good to talk to you again :)

Let me address your questions and we can have additional follow up as needed.

1. I believe you are referring to the ASP.NET schema. That was a convenience feature that unfortunately is not included with Plesk. You can accomplish the same thing following this article from Microsoft: http://www.asp.net/web-forms/tutori...eating-the-membership-schema-in-sql-server-cs. I'll reach out to Parallels and provide this as a feature request, thanks for asking.
2. You can backup just your database by going to the same "Backup Manager" page and then accessing "Database Backup Manager" in the More Actions menu. Unfortunately Plesk doesn't support scheduling backups for just the database, but you can manually create them whenever you want using this option. You can still "schedule" a full backup of your content, which as you've mentioned does include the Database.
3. It appears that you're attempting to run SQL to create and drop databases; your Plesk user doesn't have permissions to do those operations and they have to be done exclusively through the Plesk UI. You can run imports and exports of the tables, data, etc. in the databases (using the methods we talked about before), but not new DB creations. This is how Plesk is able to control limits on your plan, and this is working as I would expect.

I hope I'm making sense :) Let me know what you think and if you have follow up questions.

Thanks,
Tanner

Tanner:

Thanks for your replies. I will look into the resources you mentioned.

I'm also trying to determine whether its possible to use SQLEXPRESS on a Godaddy site. the Plesk interface seems to show a connection string for a local database (LocalSqlServer: data source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|aspnetdb.mdf;User Instance=true). This would mean having an App_Data folder within the web application. It seems like it should work, but I'm getting errors. Do you know if this should work?

Tim

Tim,

Unfortunately this won't work. Plesk/Parallels allows Hosting Providers to configure databases as local or remote. GoDaddy is configured and setup for remote... this has obvious advantages (resource benefits are the biggest). The downside is you can't connect to local DB's. The default connection string you are seeing is the default value that is set on all Plesk Accounts.

Let me know if I can clarify further.

Thanks,
Tanner

Hey team, is this thread still opened?

Anyways, I will shoot and hope someone out there can help me out.

Related to the issue on this thread, I am not able to have my submit buttons working neither on MVC or WebForms applications.

I made a simple web app which divides users in three categories: Admin, supuser and reguser. The app works just fine in my localhost; however, when I publish it to the subdomain site I have set for it, the app does not work AT ALL. The login button just reload the page and it does not call the code behind methods I have created for it.

Would you guys please help me out? I have tried to get the domain.tld to none, but that did not do the trick.

I don't
Hey team, is this thread still opened?

Anyways, I will shoot and hope someone out there can help me out.

Related to the issue on this thread, I am not able to have my submit buttons working neither on MVC or WebForms applications.

I made a simple web app which divides users in three categories: Admin, supuser and reguser. The app works just fine in my localhost; however, when I publish it to the subdomain site I have set for it, the app does not work AT ALL. The login button just reload the page and it does not call the code behind methods I have created for it.

Would you guys please help me out? I have tried to get the domain.tld to none, but that did not do the trick.
Mine isn't working either. I don't have a dropdown option. My control panel has 3 radio buttons. I selected "none," and it still doesn't work. TANNER, ARE YOU STILL HERE? NEED HELP!

Back