• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

assembly's manifest does not match reference

I

inCharge.co.uk

The Plesk 7.5.1 Backup utility on my Win2003 server has stopped working and I need some help to get it going again.

The backup utility outputs this message:

"The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib' does not match the assembly reference."

It's using that component to zip up files for backup. This started happening after I unzipped a file on the server using WinZip, which is a bit too much of a coincidence. The only other thing I can think of that might have caused it is Window Updates. I hadn't touched the Plesk installation for ages because upgrading it is a nightmare.

I found the component in the fllowing folder. There is only one instance of it on the machine:
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\ICSharpCode.SharpZipL ib.dll

The file version number is: 0.6.0.0

The name appears in the registry under many classes like so:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{03C8F70E-6470-35C8-A387-ED4FB9B1C96D}: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Tar.TarHeader
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{03C8F70E-6470-35C8-A387-ED4FB9B1C96D}\InprocServer32\Assembly:
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.8.1903.26768, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

So why is the version number different? Is this the problem? I tried un-registering and re-registering the component with regasm, which gave 'Success' messages but still get the problem.

To get more debug information I added to the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fusion\LogPa th = c:\log
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fusion\Force Log = 1

Running backup again produces several files in the log folder including:
FusionBindError!exe=backup.exe!name=ICSharpCode.Sh arpZipLib, Version=0.8.1903.26768, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.HTM

Which contains:
*** Assembly Binder Log Entry (21/08/2006 @ 09:16:55) ***

The operation failed.
Bind result: hr = 0x80131040. No description available.

Assembly manager loaded from: C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\fusion. dll
Running under executable C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\backup.exe
--- A detailed error log follows.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.8.1903.26768, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
LOG: Dynamic Base = NULL
LOG: Cache Base = NULL
LOG: AppName = NULL
Calling assembly : psabackupfile, Version=1.0.1903.26770, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===

LOG: Processing DEVPATH.
LOG: DEVPATH is not set. Falling through to regular bind.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.8.1903.26768, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/SWsoft/Plesk/admin/bin/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL.
LOG: Assembly download was successful. Attempting setup of file: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\ICSharpCode.SharpZipL ib.DLL
LOG: Entering run-from-source setup phase.
WRN: Comparing the assembly name resulted in the mismatch: PUBLIC KEY TOKEN
ERR: The assembly reference did not match the assembly definition found.
ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x80131040). Probing terminated.

So the Public Key Token is bad? How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Julian

Obviously not one of those problems you go "oh yeah, I know that one..."

Fortunately I have a Plesk support contract with Sw-soft and they fixed it. Never found out the cause or solution but all is working now.

Back