• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Assigning plans to subscription through CLI. Add-ons can't be used when database limit is exceeded

Miguel_Tellería

Basic Pleskian
[Plesk 12.0.18 with Centos 6]

Dear all,

In a mass-migration scenario i am trying to automate the set of basic plans and addons after a mass migration with PMM.

First I obtained the information in the original machine launching /usr/local/psa/bin/subscription --info and parsing the output.

Then at destination I have defined some "base plans" + addons for extra mailbox sizes, number of databases etc. The idea is that subscriptions that exceed the "base database limit" should have automatically added an "extra database add-on plan".

I have everything ready, the information and the plans. However I am unable to apply them.

After PMM finishes the migration, all the subscriptions are in "customer mode" without any plans assigned.

To set a plan + addon I was thinking of doing it in the following steps:

/usr/local/psa/bin/subscription --switch-subscription example.com -service-plan <base_plan_name>
/usr/local/psa/bin/subscription --add-subscription example.com -service-plan <add-on_plan_name>

However after the first step i obtain the following messages:

Unable to accept the template: the following limitations are exceeded.
Description Requested Allowed
Databases 2 6

and when I try to set the add-on it tells me that the subscription is not linked to any plan.

I have tried without success:
- Giving both plans as parameters in the same command line
- Locking the subscription (when not linked to a plan) in order to unlock and syncrhronize it when the add-on was added.

I have run out of ideas, so I am condemned to set the plans through the web GUI (following the steps above that happen to work fine on the web but not on CLI).

I guess I could define a super-macro plan in which all subscriptions would fit and then, lock, choose the base plan and the addons and then unlock. But this seems very inelegant.

Regards,

Miguel Telleria

Back