• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Custom Migration Plan assignment

H9k

Regular Pleskian
Hi there!
I put some work into a hosting description generator for my Virtualmin systems.
It looks good so far, I am able to migrate domains, databases, users, mailboxes, all good.
However, I would like to automatically assign the subscriptions to a plan.
Now, I actually followed the json schema and put in subscription_info like this.
Code:
      "subscription_info": {
        "locked": false,
        "plans": [
          {
            "guid": "42726525-7185-2cd7-a54d-b7fca6fd44d7",
            "is_addon": false,
            "quantity": "1"
          }
        ],
        "synchronized": true,
        "custom": false
      },

The guid being the subscription plan guid from Plesk.
However, no assignment is made, and the subscription ends up as being custom.

So my question would be: why is the plan not assigned?
Also: the documentation states that I could edit the generated migration-list file to assign plans to the subscriptions. But how? How should an assignment look like? I found no information about this.
The migration-list file looks like so:
Code:
    Customer: username # Real name
            somedomain.tld
            otherdomain.com
            yougettheidea.net
    Customer: otheruser # Real name
            example.com
    # Existing hosting plans not used by any customer
        Plan: Gold
        Plan: Silver

I followed instructions from here: https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/onyx/m...rom-a-linux-server-with-custom-hosting.75604/

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello!

1. In this case migrator gets all information about objects to migrate from hosting description file, that`s why you should describe plan and plan parameters under node "hosting_plans". Maybe, hosting description examples will be usefull for you. They`re placed in %plesk_dir%admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/conf/samples/custom/

2. Just put plan names before subscriptions names to assign subscription to appropriate plan, you should have something like this:
Plan: plan1
subscription1.plan1
subscription2.plan1
Plan: plan2
subscription1.plan2

Thanks Alina, that was not clear to me. Will try it out and see how that goes :)

Yep, adding hosting_plans was all I needed to do, assignment works well now :) Thanks!

Back