• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Atmail Plesk 9.0.0 installation patch

A

allanwrethman

Hi All.

With Plesk 9 there is the choice of using the new Atmail, but unfortunately the package shipped was out of date.
Parallels has flagged Plesk 9.0.1 to have the latest version by default.

Below are the instructions on how to update to the latest Atmail Lite version (as of 10 December 2008):

# ssh root@plesk9server

# cd /var/www/

# rm -rf atmail ( The old release installed version in Plesk 9 )

# wget http://atmail.com/downloads/atmailwebmaillite.tgz ( The URL where the latest package is ALWAYS found )

# tar xfvz atmailwebmaillite.tgz

# mysql -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

Then, execute the following commands on the mysql prompt:

drop database atmail;

create database atmail;

# mysql -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` atmail < /var/www/atmail/install/atmail.mysql

( You need to drop the previous database, add the correct one for the package, the copy the RPM installs is out of date )

chown -R apache /var/www/atmail ( Set the correct permissions )

Please post comments and or solutions to any other Plesk 9 Atmail issues here and we will attempt to assist.

Regards,

- Allan Wrethman
- Atmail Technical Support

Disclaimer: Atmail takes no responsibility for the impact of the use of these instructions, please consider the instructions carefully before applying them to your situation.

Hi Allan,

Thank you very much for posting this here. It is very useful.

I very much hope this isn't a one-off visit and that you'll be monitoring these forums on a regular basis?

Faris.

Oops. One step is missing. I know it is "obvious" but just in case someone new to mysql and linux reads this, after you execute the

create database atmail;

command, you should then exit the mysql command line by issuing the command:

quit

Then you can run the following command:

# mysql -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` atmail < /var/www/atmail/install/atmail.mysql

(incidentally, the "#" before the mysql (and other commands) basically means you need to do it at the root command prompt - you don't type the # in)

Faris.

Faris.

Thanks for the guide.

I got to a problem when I tryed to set permissions with 'chown -R apache /var/www/atmail'.
chown: invalid user: `apache'

The installation seems to work anyway though...

It works OK on Centos (and the newer version is well worth installing)
I presume you are using something like Ubuntu or Debian?

See who owns some of the other directories - maybe httpd or apache2 or something?

www-data was the right user for Ubuntu 8.04. Thanks alot all!

This can't be right

This is bad.

I don't think that setting the whole atmail directory to be owned by apache is secure .. The default plesk atmail is all owned by root. I think that you only have to make the /var/www/atmail/users/tmp directory owned by apache.

Code:
chown apache:apache /var/www/atmail/users/tmp
chmod 710 /var/www/atmail/users/tmp

Thanks for the corrections and comments

Hi all.

Thank you Faris and Mediashaker and all for your input, much appreciated.

Yes, you will need to enter quit in the mysql CLI to quit mysql, and per permissions media shaker suggested are also better.

Regards to all here

Commercial AtMail + Plesk?

Allan,
What we really lack is a guide on installing a commercial version of AtMail Webmail in Plesk. And it's even more important to have a guide on using one commercial AtMail WebMail instance (for example on dedicated server/vps) for many Plesk server's. Do you have any ideas on these cases?

Guide for installing the commercial version of AtMail Webmail in Plesk

Hi GARMTECH

Plesk should shortly have Atmail Commercial version available for purchase on the Plesk SaaS store, and this will provide an automated upgrade path where Atmail will be automatically installed into the Plesk CP after purchase.

I will post more information as I get it.

Kind regards

Allan

This has been a massive headache for me.

I cannot, for example, send email outside of my dedicated server.

Instead, I get this message:

Could not send message to SMTP server. Check you have access to send
messages via the server and that all To/CC/BCC addresses are valid
\nError: SMTP Server rejected email. Returned:553 sorry, that domain
isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

Atmail tells me there's supposed to be access to an Admin panel of some sort, but I don't see any. Is that the difference between the "Light" version and the commercial one?

Assistance would be helpful. I have no difficulties sending email with Horde or accessing the server with a desktop mail client.

Peace,
Gene

"isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)" implies that no authentication is happening.

Now, since atmail (or any webmail) will be connecting via localhost, the implication is that you may not have 127.0.0.1 in your whitelist for email.

Of course it could also be something else entrirely.

Faris.

I have my friendly neighborhood service admin (well, not neighborhood, as I'm in Arizona and he's in India) checking this out.

Thanks again.

Peace,
Gene

Hi All.

With Plesk 9 there is the choice of using the new Atmail, but unfortunately the package shipped was out of date.

Below are the instructions on how to update to the latest Atmail Lite version (as of 10 December 2008):

# ssh root@plesk9server

# cd /var/www/

# wget http://atmail.com/downloads/atmailwebmaillite.tgz ( The URL where the latest package is ALWAYS found )

drop database atmail;

create database atmail;

( You need to drop the previous database, add the correct one for the package, the copy the RPM installs is out of date )

Please post comments and or solutions to any other Plesk 9 Atmail issues here and we will attempt to assist.

Regards,

- Allan Wrethman

Disclaimer: Atmail takes no responsibility for the impact of the use of these instructions, please consider the instructions carefully before applying them to your situation.

Cheers, installed this all ok, however we get:

Message loading fialed - Please check the remote mail-server is responding correctly, remote mail-server online, no network timeouts, authentication error or mailbox lock

Any ideas how to fix this please :(

Thanks in advance
Terry

This is also an issue for us. I can't believe Plesk didn't test webmail to make sure it was working.

Can someone confirm -
1) Will Plesk provide an fix or update to atmail latest version (currently 5.6) in the near future?
2) Will it be part of some Plesk 9.0.1 update (when is that due?) or will it be a seperate component update we need to do via Plesk.

This is also an issue for us. I can't believe Plesk didn't test webmail to make sure it was working.

Can someone confirm -
1) Will Plesk provide an fix or update to atmail latest version (currently 5.6) in the near future?
2) Will it be part of some Plesk 9.0.1 update (when is that due?) or will it be a seperate component update we need to do via Plesk.

Hi

Did you update to the latest AtMail??? As described above, if so and you get this error it is because you are open the url using Internet Explorer 7, this is acknowledged on the AtMail website as a problem but they do not state if they are fixing. However if you test with Firefox it all works perfect after you upgrade as above.

Problem is :( we like many of our customers etc. may not use Firefox and prefer to use IE7 etc. So lets hope somebody fixes this issue.

Thanks
Terry

Hi All.

# ssh root@plesk9server

# cd /var/www/

drop database atmail;

create database atmail;

Regards,

- Allan Wrethman

Hi

We recommend following this to update to latest version (which I believe will be available as standard in Plesk 9.0.1 whenever that is due :(), but the problem with IE7 still exists and I hope somebody can address this as even after emailing AtMail themselves I have not heard anything back.

Thanks
Terry

i was interessted after visiting the atmail website and installed it as described above and it seems to work but only with IE and not wif Firefox

update: i have some issue sending mails: could not sending mails check recipient and in the apache log i have: SQL Error = (select SpamEmail from SpamDB_w where Account=?)DB Error: no such table - select SpamEmail from SpamDB_w where Account='[email protected]' [nativecode=1146 ** Table 'atmail.SpamDB_w' doesn't exist]

i searched it in the deliverd atmail.mysql but it is not included, however not that importend, switched back to horde

Brujo

i was interessted after visiting the atmail website and installed it as described above and it seems to work but only with IE and not wif Firefox

update: i have some issue sending mails: could not sending mails check recipient and in the apache log i have: SQL Error = (select SpamEmail from SpamDB_w where Account=?)DB Error: no such table - select SpamEmail from SpamDB_w where Account='[email protected]' [nativecode=1146 ** Table 'atmail.SpamDB_w' doesn't exist]

i searched it in the deliverd atmail.mysql but it is not included, however not that importend, switched back to horde

Brujo

Yeah horde may not look pretty :) but at least it works.

Back