• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Authentication problem in plesk web stats

Agha Usman

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a site that have Web Statistics enable by default. When I click the Web Statistics button in the options it redirect me to this location

http://mysite.com/plesk-stat/webstat/

and this window keep asking for the user id and password. I attempted every possible thing. FTP info / Account info but nothing works. In the end it gives

HTTP Error 401.4 - Unauthorized

Can someone please tell me how to make it work ? how can I see the stats ?

I can understand that you are facing an issue with the password protection on the '/plesk-stat'.

In this case I can suggest you the below two steps:

1. If you want the password protection on the Plesk statistic folder, you can add the new user or reset the password for the existing user.

+++
Home > Subscriptions > yourdomain.com > Websites & Domains > yourdomain.com > Password protected directories > /plesk-stat > user
+++

2. If you don't want the password protection on the directory '/plesk-stat', you may disable it under the hosting setting of the domain.

+++
Home > Subscriptions > yourdomain.com > Websites & Domains > yourdomain.com > Hosting Settings > Then disable the option of "Web statistics (accessible via password-protected directory '/plesk-stat/webstat/' "
+++

Back