• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Auto Installer Problems From 7.5.3 To 7.5.4

R

robert8450

Hello,

I ran the auto installer from plesk on our Intel P4 (SUSE Linux 9.1) last night to upgrade plesk form 7.5.3 to 7.5.4 and everything seemed to have worked with the exception of the following:

1. the support icon in the plesk control panel no longer links to plesk
2. the Plesk 7.5.4 Components wont go away in the updater tool
3. plesk informed me that by upgrading to 7.5.4 that mysql would also get updated and yet it still says mysql 4.0. Was I mistaken or is mysql 4.0 not suppose to get upgraded with the current auto installer>

Any thoughts on how do i fix these would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

After not getting a response, I decided to submit a trouble ticket. I explained my case and provided a link to this topic and here was the response I got in case it can help someone else:

Dear Robert,

You should enable opening popup windows in your browser to use this feature. The support form and domain registration service are being opened in popup windows.

Our records indicate that you have purchased through one of SWsoft resellers. As such, they are your first point of contact for support and general inquiry. If you wish to receive support directly from SWsoft, we would like to offer you the following options:

<> Per incident support - $75
<> Unlimited 24/7 e-mail support for one year - $299
<> Premium support - Unlimited e-mail support plus 25 phone instances for one year - $549

Please order your Plesk support package today at...

To which I replied...

ok I see that you have fixed the support link and that is now working - thank you.

What can we do about your auto installer not getting rid of the list of components in the "plesk updater" area? There is a long list of components still listed there but they have already been installed.

thanks,

***UPDATE***

I just got the following response and I'll be surprised if SWSoft doesn't delete or edit this post, but I wasn't too impressed - judge for yourself:

Our records indicate that you have purchased through one of SWsoft resellers. As such, they are your first point of contact for support and general inquiry.

Hopefully you guys have a better way to resolve this problem as my "first point of contact" are not plesk programmers, they simply provide the machine and the bandwidth.

PS, maybe I should have choosen Cpanel instead eh?

Back