• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Autodiscover IMAP

Netgen

Basic Pleskian
Hi, I notice that on client programs my IMAP mail not working , and the problem i think is that inserting as incoming - outgoing server the
Incoming mail server
domain.gr

Outgoing mail server
domain.gr

that is wrong because if insert my mail manually and rename to mail.domain.gr then works everything, i dont know if does matter im using cloudflare, so is it possible to set the autodiscover to recognize the mail.domain.gr instead of domain.gr??
its litle bit unfrendly to must say to customers to do it manually..

Cloudflare blocks the default ports used for mail services (POP/IMAP/SMTP) if you enable the Cloudflare Proxy option. So make sure you have disabled the Proxy for the main domain.

Alternatively you can set a custom domain for autodiscover in Tools & Settings > Server-Wide Mail Settings. For example the hostname of your Plesk server (which is also secured with certificate for mail connections).

Schermafbeelding 2021-11-25 om 16.55.01.png

Thank you its works, but with bit different ways, Yes in cloudflare i have disable proxy, so i tried to disable from plesk autodiscover and works!
but dont know in case that dont have cloudflare what will happend? because i tried to set spesific custom domain, and i notice that isnt dynamic,
for example if enter mail.hostname.com then they take the hostname as hostname and not the real hostname , also some times may have .com or .gr so its litle bit difficult to know what excact domain will have

i notice that isnt dynamic, for example if enter mail.hostname.com then they take the hostname as hostname and not the real hostname , also some times may have .com or .gr so its litle bit difficult to know what excact domain will have
You're right, it isn't dynamic. If you specify a custom domain name for autodiscover in Plesk this domain will be used as a host for mail connection of all domains using autodiscover. It's just an option for you set an alternative hostname to be used for autodiscover.

Back