• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Autodiscover not working properly on Outlook

sol

New Pleskian
User name: sol

TITLE

Autodiscover not working properly on Outlook

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian for Linux (Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS)
Plesk Obsidian for Windows (2016 Standard)
Outlook 2019 trial

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Autodiscover is not working on Outlook 2019 for all my servers and domains, I have valid certificates and I'm using CloudFlare for managing the DNS.
I've copied all rows from "DNS Setting" page from Plesk to CloudFlare, everything is working just fine, except for Autodiscover.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1- downloaded and install this trial version if office: https://officecdn.microsoft.com/pr/...7c6ddf67d60/media/en-us/ProPlus2019Retail.img
2- Open it and enter your email

ACTUAL RESULT

It shows me the "Advanced Setup" meaning the mail configuration is not detected.

EXPECTED RESULT

It should ask for my password if the mail settings was automatically detected.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

1-It is not a DNS propagation issue, because It's happening since I upgraded to Plesk Obsidian.
2-It is not a local System or Network issue, because it happens for all my clients form 5 countries at least.
3-I submitted a support ticket on this, which is still open, and it is not reproducible from their side.
4-the same issue is happening with other people
5-testing using Outlook Connectivity tool for Microsoft, reports various issues including:
Autodiscover settings for Outlook connectivity are being validated.
The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer wasn't able to validate Outlook Autodiscover settings.
Additional Details:
No account settings were returned from the Autodiscover response
Attempting each method of contacting the Autodiscover service.
The Autodiscover service couldn't be contacted successfully by any method.

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Thank you for the report.
Developers informed me that two related issues were confirmed and submitted as request PPPM-12009 and bug PPP-49197.

Thanks for this report.

We dont use Cloudflare DNS, we use Slave DNS Manager with own servers and we have the same issue.

We are happy to help with the analysis.

Hello guys

We have the same problem here and did tests with all Outlook versions. Please refer to this thread if you want to read more.

We would really appreciate it when this bug would get fixed by Plesk in the near future.

Still not fixed on the latest plesk release.
I wish to hear anything from plesk team regarding this issue or when it will be fixed.

Hi,
just to confirm, we're running 18.0.32
A client just phoned for help to set up an email address on a new computer and it isn't working. Helped out, set it up manually, and confirmed, even in 18.0.32 the autodiscovery isn't working for Office 365.

Well, we're now running 18.0.33 - and today we again had to help a client with Office 2016 to do the manual email setup in Outlook.

I'm starting to get a bit miffed seeing that brand new features are constantly being published, but a 3/4 year old bug for something important to (end-)customer happiness/satisfaction is not.

For the time being I'll stick to "hope springs eternal"...

I understand your concern. I can only say that the bug PPP-49197 is underway. The problem turned out to be very difficult and requires additional research. We'll let you know when the news comes out.

Hello @IgorG

We were working hand in hand with the Plesk Support to resolve this issue. Please check internal ticket #278394 for reference.
In this ticket, Plesk dev team leader mentioned bug PPPM-12396, which will be fixed in future versions of Plesk. But here I can see two other bugs, PPPM-12009 and PPP-49197. Can you please clarify the difference?

Best regards

@vaelu There is no difference. I think the supporter has sent another new bug report about the same issue, not knowing that similar reports already exist. These are the features of internal bug tracking. All these reports are somehow related to the same problem, but describe it with different nuances.

I have been following this topic for a while. I'm having the same issues and wondering how much more time it will take to fix this. I believe you are working hard to fix it... but it has been months already (about 10). This is a very annoying problem.

It's been a year since this issue was confirmed, I lost third of my customers because no one likes entering email configurations manually, while it works smoothly on every other hosting on the planet.
I contacted support once again and they said: "There is no ETA yet" !

Don't wait for this fix any longer, it's a waste of time.
I'm already considering other options for moving out of Plesk and buy my peace of mind.

Back