• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

autoinstall error - CentOS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

exit15

Basic Pleskian
Tried to install from the command line but I get an error before making any selection or pressing any key
CentOS 7.0 x64 on a brand new DigitalOcean VPS. See below

# curl -s http://autoinstall.plesk.com/plesk-installer | bash
Welcome to the Parallels Installation and Upgrade Wizard!
================================================================
This wizard will guide you through the installation or upgrade process. Before
installing or upgrading Parallels products, be sure to back up your data.
To start the installation or upgrade, press N and then press Enter.
To quit the installer, press Q and then press Enter.
------ IMPORTANT ------
* Before installing or upgrading Parallels products, be sure to back up your data.
* New installation of product(s) should be performed on clean servers only.
Only the operating system with the networking option should be
installed for new installations.
Parallels will not be held liable for damages resulting from installation
of products on a server with anything other than a fresh installation of the
operating system for which the product installation was intended.
By using this Wizard you agree to the terms and conditions described at
http://www.parallels.com/en/company/terms/ and those of the Parallels Panel End User
License Agreement.
N) Next page; Q) Cancel installing
Select an action [N]:
ERROR: You have just finished your session by pressing Ctrl + D.

Not all packages were installed.
Please try installing packages again later.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again

thanks, that was much better. I was able to install and it seems to have gone well. BUT, I got the following warning/error and I have no idea how to access Plesk in a browser. The ip:8443 does not work. What's next? Looking at this host situation... all I have at this point is an IP address and the random name I chose for this server "x30". /etc/hostname has one line x30 in it and /etc/hosts had "127.0.1.1 x30 x30". I added the "real_ip x30 x30" re-run the install just to get at the same error.

Please advise -- exit15

Warning!
Unable to detect the fully qualified domain name of the host.
Please make sure that FQDN of the host is correctly specified in /etc/hosts and goes right after the host's IP address
(depending on your OS, you might need to set the host name in /etc/HOSTNAME or /etc/hostname).
Setting it to localhost.localdomain
Trying to resolve hostname 'localhost.localdomain' and validate its IP address...
Unable to resolve host name.
Please specify the host name in the /etc/hosts file or specify DNS configuration in the /etc/resolv.conf on your system.
ERROR while trying to check the hostname
Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.0.18_installation.log), fix and try again
***** problem report *****
ERROR while trying to check the hostname
Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.0.18_installation.log), fix and try again
ERROR: An error occurred during performing of installation PREP actions (see log for details). Installation was rolled back.
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

"FQDN" is the Fully Qualified Domain Name ( i.e. server999.exampledomain.com ) - this is the same complete domainname, which points to the IP adress configured on your nameserver for the server.

An example entry in /etc/hosts would look like this:
Code:
127.0.0.1    localhost.localdomain    localhost
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX    server999.exampledomain.com    server999
... where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX should be replaced with your unique IP for this server.

The corresponding entry in /etc/hostname is then:
Code:
server999.exampledomain.com

Last edited by a moderator:
SUCCESS! Since this was a brand new server all I had is an IP address. So.. I pointed one of my domains to that IP, added a CNAME as suggested server999 -- exampledomain.com. Then I added server999.exampledomain.com to etc/hostname and it all worked out. -- Thanks. Now I going to play with Plesk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back