• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

autoinstall.plesk.com not resolving

T

tnreynolds

Trying to do a new installation using the autoinstaller. It gets to downloading the first file and then it fails with the following message:

Couldn't resolve 'autoinstall.plesk.com ' Can't Download http://autoinstall.plesk.com/version.inf3

Even www.dnsreport.com shows that the nameservers are not responding authoritavley for plesk.com

What is going on? Problem? Tech support were most un-helpfull.

DNS Lookup: autoinstall.plesk.com A record
Generated by www.DNSstuff.com at 15:08:19 GMT on 23 May 2006.

How I am searching:
Searching for autoinstall.plesk.com A record at e.root-servers.net [192.203.230.10]: Got referral to H.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. [took 116 ms]
Searching for autoinstall.plesk.com A record at H.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. [192.54.112.30]: Got referral to ns1.plesk.com. [took 197 ms]
Searching for autoinstall.plesk.com A record at ns1.plesk.com. [69.64.46.31]: Server failure! [took 110 ms].

Answer:
Server failure. There's a problem with the DNS server for autoinstall.plesk.com.

Exactly !

Same thing with the apt-get update on debian (404 Not Found on autoinstall.plesk.com)

O.

Not a very good start for a prospective customer. You think they would train their tech support staff to have half a clue. The lady i spoke to told me they don't even use the domain plesk.com.

Anyway i have had some success now, out of the two NS records one now seems to be responding (69.64.46.29). So its a bit of a 50/50 chance at the moment if your lookup will get resolved. The other NS (69.64.46.31) at this point in time is still not respoding to lookups for plesk.com

You would think SWsoft would be able to manage their own DNS's a little better and train their tech support staff to apropriatley handle calls. I was told i couldn't be helped and to submit a ticket.. and here i was going out of my way to make a 10 minute international phone call to inform them of their faults.

Anyway, i've sucesfully installed plesk on my Debian 3.1 server and I must say i'm very happy with the product. It just comes down to weather i am happy sending money to SWsoft to license it given the poor customer service.

Back