• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Automated backup stopped on two servers since 18.0.41, recurring

Why not? As far as I know this bug occurs when a subscription backup has been setup with remote storage and the connection fails to the remote storage. So why can't you temporary disable/remove backups for these clients/subscriptions? Their backups aren't working anyway? Leaving the 'bad' backups enabled impacts your own backups and presumably those of you other clients.

Or am I missing something?
Well, because we can't control any client anytime! it's just impossible in our case, and denied access of backup section to our client it's just an bad policy.... We NEED an real solution, not an patch of disable stuck client backup

An "bad" backup simply SHOULDNT impact anythings... as it was the case before this MU

Or am I missing something?

Some resellers have dozens of servers and thousands of clients. There is no time for manual intervention or monitoring. In our case we also have SLAs about the backup availability. We cannot even allow to have one missing day of backups. And we are just a small player. I really wonder why this topic has no priority for the Plesk team.

Update 18.0.42:
Scheduled backup processes no longer get stuck indefinitely when backing up to FTP storage if the configured FTP server is unavailable or if the provided credentials do not match. (PPPM-13411)

Update 18.0.42:
Scheduled backup processes no longer get stuck indefinitely when backing up to FTP storage if the configured FTP server is unavailable or if the provided credentials do not match. (PPPM-13411)
Installed yet on one server affected, will check tomorrow if backup is ok now...

I am not sure whether a currently stuck backup is killed and removed by the update. You may still need to remove a currently hanging process. We don't have any here at the moment so I don't know.

At the moment the update policy of Plesk is getting more and more headache. Nearly with every new feature release 18.0.x new bugs on existing functionalities are introduced. So we already changed our own update plan to wait at least for "Update 1" + no serious problems are submitted in the forum.

Right now we are still on version "18.0.40 Update 3" for all main servers. And because the backup bug introduced in .41 was fixed in .42 together with new feature updates we still cannot update based on our internal policy.

It would help a lot, if Plesk would use the "Update 1/2/[...]" of an feature release only for bug fixes. And new feature releases should not include bug fixes at all. Right now it would be great to have 2 releases:

a) "18.0.41 Update 2" including all bug fixes / issues resolved in the new version 18.0.42.
b) "18.0.42" as new feature release including on top all new functionalities improved + new features.

So we could stabilize our live systems and test new features on some separate servers first.

Right now I do not see any sense in the "Update" releases, because sometimes they also include new features and/or functionalities improved.

Back