• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Automatic creation of Zones on 2ndary DNS

E

enacht

Hello

Coming from a Unix environement mainly, I don't know the Windows Server world too well.

I was wondering if there is an easy way, or even complicated for that matter, to have Zones created by plesk also created automatically on a secondary DNS Server.

Even if it's a 3rd-Party application that would be fine with me.

Thanks for any hints towards the right direction.

Hi,

you need a secondary DNS Server which will automatically fetch the DNS records of your primary dns (plesk).

You have to add your secondary DNS in bind to allow DNS transfers.

There is an instruction in the advanced feature manual.

"5. Global access control list in named.conf"

If I was using Bind, then yes I'd do that.

Both DNS Serers are running Windows DNS and the secondary transfers the Zone fine. But it doesn't create the Zone by itself, which is what I'm looking for. Currently I have to log in to the 2nd DNS, create the Zone then it'll transfer fine from the primary DNS.

This looks like exactly what I'm after, but has anyone goten it to work on windows? I have a linux and a windows server and 2 seperate dns servers that's gona be the ones serving the domains. Bot dns servers run linux and the windows one run bind, so it should be doable... I hope :D

Back