• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

autoreport.php causing server to hang

one other thing is also;

how different "--auto weekly" argument processes the logs then --auto monthly or daily?

base case : daily function works OK!

also monthly works which should be a derived version of the daily, i mean something like

1 works, F(1)
1 x 30 works, F(30)

however 1x7 , F(7) is problematic also crashes "whole services"

this script should do the same thing for each instance it is runned.

i believe this is something causing the script get into an inf. loop something time/date related may be...

This is exactly what I have done, even if it seems bizarre, it or something else worked for me.

1) Removed /dev/null - didn't work
2) Moved daily and weekly cron entries 4 minutes apart (just to see which is causing the lockup) - dont know as 2 and 3 were done on the same day out of desperation.
3) Upgraded kernel + plesk software - dont know

So basically I do not know which has solved the problem, whether it was the kernel upgrade (apparently not), plesk update (could be?) or just moving the cron entries a few minutes apart from each other... (doubt it)

Good luck to you

all software versions are top notch so i can not upgrade any more :)

i will try the latency trick and see if it will work (which i dont believe)

there is also something weird with this auto report

how about this

if any monday is the 1st day of a month then all 3 crons will run at the same time, what is the meaning of this

Originally posted by knocx
Hostasaurus:

if this is a kernel issue why can not we replicate the issue on the other servers then?

they all have

-same OS
-same PLESK
-same "Kernel"
-same Memory
-same CPU
-same drives
-Same everything

If I knew, I'd tell everyone and solve this problem. :) We have several hundred identical servers and only a few were doing that; moving the jobs around as recommended in the other thread seemed to resolve it. I doubt SWSoft plans on looking at it though, Plesk 8 still breaks fstab after install on x86_64 and they haven't fixed that after many months.

Back