• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Autoresponder API

GothicJB

New Pleskian
Autoresponder API (not enabling after creation)

CPU: AuthenticAMD, Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2352
Version: Parallels Plesk Panel v10.4.4_build1013111102.18 os_CentOS 5

Using the API I am able to create an autoresponder for a previously non-existent email address.

The problem is, even though it's created, it's is not enabled.

EXPECTED RESULT: autoresponder created and enabled
ACTUAL RESULT: autoresponder created and NOT enabled

More info:
a.) Control panel shows it as enabled (see screenshot attached)
b.) sql query of psa.mail_resp shows:

mysql> select * from mail_resp;
+----+-------+-----------+--------+-----------+---------+----------+--------------+---------+---------------+---------+----------+-----------+
| id | mn_id | resp_name | keystr | key_where | subject | reply_to | content_type | charset | text | resp_on | ans_freq | mem_limit |
+----+-------+-----------+--------+-----------+---------+----------+--------------+---------+---------------+---------+----------+-----------+
| 43 | 66 | default | | no | | | text/plain | UTF-8 | Here ya go... | true | 1 | 1000 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

c.) sql query of psa.mail where id=66 shows:

mysql> select * from mail where id=66;
+----+--------+-----------+---------+---------+------------+----------+------------+------------+---------------+------------+-------------+------------+--------+
| id | userId | mail_name | perm_id | postbox | account_id | redirect | redir_addr | mail_group | autoresponder | spamfilter | virusfilter | mbox_quota | dom_id |
+----+--------+-----------+---------+---------+------------+----------+------------+------------+---------------+------------+-------------+------------+--------+
| 66 | 0 | testblah | 0 | false | 88 | false | | false | false | false | none | -1 | 6 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

d.) mail -i [email protected] shows:

[root@shared3 htdocs]# /usr/local/psa/bin/mail -i [email protected]
Mailname: testblah
Domain: qrtrackcenter.com
Mailbox: false
Password:
Password type: plain
Mbox quota: Unlimited
Mailgroup: false
Attachment files: 1_4eedf53598f74.mp3
Autoresponders: Disabled
Answer with subject: Re: <incoming subject>
Answer text: Here ya go...
Attachment files: 1_4eedf53598f74.mp3
Forward request:
Antivirus mail checking: Can not determine

SUCCESS: Gathering information for '[email protected]' complete

e.) autoresponder -i -mail [email protected] shows:

[root@shared3 htdocs]# /usr/local/psa/bin/autoresponder -i -mail [email protected]
Status true
Answer with subj:
Format: plain
Charset: UTF-8
Answer text: Here ya go...
Attach files: 1
1_4eedf53598f74.mp3
Forward request:
SUCCESS: Gathering information for autoresponder complete

f.) API REQUEST

<packet version="1.6.3.0">
<mail>
<create>
<filter>
<site-id>6</site-id>
<mailname>
<name>testblah</name>
<autoresponder>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<subject></subject>
<text>Here ya go...</text>
<attachment>
<tmp-name>{$pnFile}</tmp-name>
<file-name>{$fname}</file-name>
</attachment>
</autoresponder>
</mailname>
</filter>
</create>
</mail>
</packet>

g.) API RESPONSE

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<packet version="1.6.3.0"><mail><create><result><status>ok</status><mailname><id>66</id><name>testblah</name></mailname></result></create></mail></packet>

h.) If I run /usr/local/psa/bin/autoresponder -u -mail [email protected], the autoresponder enables and works. Doing this, I noticed in the DB after running the command that psa.mail [autoresponder switches from "false" to "true"]. HOWEVER, making a sql query to change that value in lieu of running the command line autoresponder utility does NOT work so I'm guessing other elements in the DB get changed(?) or something else happens when running the update on the command line.

Any clarification on this issue would be great. I've been over the API reference and docs a thousand times and unless I'm missing something I believe this to be a bug in the API system. I'm not opposed to a "temporary" fix involving making a DB query to enable after setting this up via API but I cannot use the command line utility for this application.

Thanks,
J

Attachments

• panel autoresponder page.png
    panel autoresponder page.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Filed a support ticket for this to Parallels via 1and1 ... I will update this thread with a solution if there is one.

Seriously?!?!

This is the response I received from Parallels regarding this issue. Once again it does NOT solve the initial problem or answer the initial question:

Dated January 5, 2012
<-- BEGIN RESPONSE -->

Thank you for contacting us.

Please see the response below from Parallels regarding your issue.

"Sincere thanks for your patience.

I understood that you are facing the issue in enabling the autoresponder in API.

I have tried enabling the autoresponder for the mail account "[email protected]" in Command prompt. It is enabled successfully. Kinldy refer the snippet below.

< snippet removed. only shows enabled autoresponder. >

I request you to run the above command which I have executed to enable the autoresponder. Still if you encounter any issue in future, Please let us know. I will be glad to assist you in a best way."

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

<-- END RESPONSE -->

Latest Response:

The issue has been reproduced and confirmed. Despite listed as enabled, both in control panel and in output of /usr/local/psa/bin/mail, autoresponder is disabled. In order to enable autoresponder you need to either enable it with 'autoresponder' tool or disable and re-enable it in the control panel.

The problem is that column 'autoresponder' in table psa.mail is not updated to have value 'true' on API call. However, updating database is not enough. Actual system configuration should be updated, and that is what Plesk utilities do.

Since workaround does not feasible in this case, I have asked Parallels Plesk Panel product maintenance team to provide hotfix for this problem.

Solved

This issue is SOLVED. Replacing the two files with the ones provided by parallels solved this issue.

I received and email this morning with two attached files stating that the Parallels development/product maintenance team was able to solve the issue. Below is the email and two attached files in a zip file:

Thank you for contacting us.

Below is the latest response from Parallels:

"Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

To fix the issue, please replace AbstractMailNameAutoResponders.php and AbstractMailNameAutoResponder.php files in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/mail/ folder by the attached versions (before that create backup copies just in case)."

Both files are attached.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Attachments

• Parallels Autoresponder Hotfix.zip
    24 KB · Views: 70
Hello,

i have a same problem with setting the autoresponder with the API to active state...
Setting the subject and message works even setting the autoresponder to active... but it is not "auto-respondig"!
When i manually re-enable the autoresponder it is working as is should...

I have tried with different email adresses as sender to test the function of the autoresponder.
Plesk Version: psa v10.3.1_build20110630.16 os_Windows 2003/2008

Any help will be great!

Kind regards,
Alexander

problem located... still exactly the same problem as GothicJB had.
but i cannot use this Hotfix... is there a windows hotfix available too?

Thanks in advance!

Back