• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Autoresponders not working - Plesk 9.5.4

URCentral

New Pleskian
We have received reports from clients that they can no longer set up a working autoresponder. It shows in the panel interface, autoresponders are on, the appropriate autoresponder is activated as well, but there is no automatic response when tested.

We are able to replicate this problem ourselves, too. Whether we try it in an existing or fresh domain, existing or new account, with existing or newly created autoresponders, they do not work as expected.

The mailbox itself works, any forwarders on that mailbox also work. The database shows the autoresponders for that account marked as active. The logs show 'postfix-local' handing it off to the 'before-local' handler, and the appropriate '.../before-local/recipient/...' directory has a '90-autoresponder-...' file in it, which disappears if we disable the autoresponder again from the panel interface.

Yet no automatic response is ever sent to the sender.

Anyone have any clues on how to resolve this? Summer's here, and a lot of people will want to use their autoresponders during their summer vacations.

Thanks!

I to am having this issue as well. There is no indication of any errors in the maillog. I have found that the issue is only with qmail as when switching to postfix the autoresponder starts to work right away.

When qmail was installed i had tried to rebuilt the email accounts with the mchk.

I also tried to add a new domain, new email account, new autoresponder, nothing resolved the issue other then switching to postfix. Once running postfix the maillog shows the correct behavor.

It seems quite a few people are having this issue and i see no replys to the multiply postings in the forum.

Igor, is there anythig support has been seeing in regards to this?

Ours was resolved by resetting the permissions on the mail handlers directory; the mail handlers base directory was only accessible to the root user, and several of the account subdirectories were missing some permissions as well.

Unclear what caused it, but it resolved the issue, and Parallels has logged it as an issue that needs to be checked and fixed by 'mchk'.

What is the path to this? Was it /usr/local/psa/handlers ? What permission was it changed to?

Could you provide me everything that was done to resolve the issue. I along with quite a few other people are having the issue and it would be awesome to get a fix here. I am assuming with July 1st and 4th arriving many admins in North America will soon be having cients wanting to use their autoreply and find out there is an issue.

Thanks so much,

Last edited:
Did you repair mailboxes with -spam flag?

Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

Does anyone have any more ideas? URCentral do you know what permissions were changed?

Igor, does your support team have any ideas on ways they have fixed this issue in he past?

Thank you everyone for your replies in advanced.

Back