• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Avoid AmeriHosting for your hosting needs

swopedesign

Regular Pleskian
I've had nothing but problems with them since July when they moved my VPS to a new system or something, and changed my IP address. They did not make a backup, and could not return the the VPS that was functional. So my VPS's services were up and down for 6 weeks. It is now 12 weeks later, and I still have problems that they fail to resolve in a timely manner. Responses take overnight (they are supposed to have 24/7 support but sure only answer during regular business hours!), and are then severely inadequate (i.e. kneejerk responses instead of educated guesses or researched solutions). So avoid AmeriHosting unless you want your business to fail. I've already lost my largest customer and that design and web update work over AmeriHosting's problems. I will be calling the owner of the company tomorrow to let him know the problems his support department have caused for me, my business, and his business. Unbelievable!

I'm curious, why did you wait 6 weeks before you decided you were going to wait another 6 weeks?

In response to why I waited...

I have not been able to transfer from AmeriHosting because their server is not in order and transfer could not take place. I tried another host who, after 4 weeks, had not been able to transfer SiteBuilder accounts over. It is difficult to find a reputable VPS host who knows anything about SiteBuilder. I cancelled that second VPS and have leased another, still trying to migrate the VPS. I need to have SiteBuilder upgraded to 4.5 on the old VPS to match the new VPS, but it cannot be upgraded on the old VPS due to inexplicable errors with Plesk/SiteBuilder. Should be easy with 4.2.3's Auto Update feature. But it doesn't work on the old VPS. Just like select other things don't work on the old VPS and no one has had gumption to fix. So it's not by choice to wait.

Back