• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.3 - can't send email to one domain

M

MintC

Hi here's the details to my 'pull my hair out' problem:

We're a design agency with our own VPS that is running Plesk 9.3 for Linux/Unix.

Our email (qmail) is able to send and receive all mail APART from being able to send to our mail client at a single domain. None of the emails are getting through to them and they are a multinational company.

Emails to them simply end up in our mail queue. We have no issues receiving from them or sending out to anyone else.

Bounced error message reads:
CNAME lookup failed temporarily. (#4.4.3)
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

but I've raised a support ticket with their tech guys and there's no blacklist on our IP address. So I'm at a lost as to what the issue could be. This only started happening about a week ago, and we've no issues for the last 3 years.

Also, our qmail service in plesk seems to stop itself every so often and I have to restart it through plesk or no emails will come in. Our settings are as seen in the screenshot. Is this normal?

Attachments

• plesk-services.png
    plesk-services.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 6
PROBLEM SOLVED!!

updated /etc/resolv.conf
so it reads:

nameserver <your ip address e.g. 999.88.77.66.01>
nameserver <your ip address e.g. 999.99.77.66.02>

Phew.

Back