• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question AWS Tools On Plesk Onyx Image

MD_Broker

New Pleskian
The Plesk Onyx Image on AWS S3 does not contain the tool set needed to discover things like S3 folders. For instance, if I load a default amazon linux image and login via ssh.. I am able to type in "aws s3 ls" and see all of my folders that are allocated to my login. However, when I use the Plesk Onyx Image in the marketplace, this is not a supported command.

Also, it is not supported to load Plesk Onyx Image on the Amazon Image as it says OS unknown.

Any idea on how to get the additional tools on the image to support AWS.

Thank you for the reply. I have tried a couple of similar articles. In a new deployment of plesk, I tried this one with a update then the following : pip install awscli --upgrade --user or even apt-get install python3 and I get command not found. I thought originally because pip was not found. So, I tried the following article How to install pip on CentOS 7 . Again, command not found. Do you know if there is something that needs to be added to get this stripped down OS up to par?

Also, I'm not 100% stuck on centos. Would it be better to go to Ubuntu?

Not familiar with that image, but you should be able to install pip regardless.

What part of the following commands does it fail?

[root@plesk ~]# curl "https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py" -o "get-pip.py"
[root@plesk ~]# python get-pip.py
[root@plesk ~]# pip -V

We are able to complete the following:

[root@plesk ~]# curl "https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py" -o "get-pip.py"
[root@plesk ~]# python get-pip.py
[root@plesk ~]# pip -V
centos]# pip install awscli --upgrade --user

However, when checking version we get stuck

[root@ip-#-#-#-# centos]# aws --version
bash: aws: command not found

Thank you so much... the install appears to work.

Thank you again.. also... being a newb here.. I do appreciate your patience and knowledge.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have checked how to easy install `awscli` on Ubuntu ("Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS") with Plesk (I used Plesk on Lightsail).

# apt install python-pip
[...]
# pip install --upgrade pip
[...]
# pip install awscli
[...]

# aws --version
aws-cli/1.14.58 Python/2.7.12 Linux/4.4.0-66-generic botocore/1.9.11
#

I also have checked how to easy install `awscli` on CentOS ("CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core)") with Plesk. First of all, to install `python-pip` you need epel-repository (Can I enable EPEL repository?).

# yum install epel-release
[...]
# yum install python-pip
[...]
# pip install --upgrade pip
[...]
# pip install awscli
[...]

# aws --version
aws-cli/1.14.58 Python/2.7.5 Linux/3.10.0-042stab127.2 botocore/1.9.11
#

I think I figured out the actual original issue as well - when you install using pip you have to create the symlink manually. This is automatic in the bundle installer.

Back