• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

AWstats - bugfix or not

Did you have to update AwStats manually? Or did Plesk do it?

I just ran the update then, will see tomorrow what happens..

for some reason, any accounts created on this server (8.3 and 8.4) the Previous months don't stay, only shows the current one months stats!!! GRRR..

I hope the update backdates and fixes the problems

I thought that maybe at midnight when the server regenerated the files it would work, but no go for me! :(

AwStats are still not working, I had to calculate and change path to awstats manually again.
Thanks Dennisen, I will try to upgrade awsats

hi benmay,
did you get your awstats working? did you need to upgrade awstats to 6.7 and if yes how did you do?
thanks.

Im having this problem also

Yeah I am also having this problem, if anyone has a definitive fix for this I would love to know. Would plesk sort it for me or do I just ahve to wait and update it manually every day like a chump?

Thought I would just add that everything (well the awstats at least) worked fine with 8.4 now ive upgraded to 8.6 awstats no worky. I would refresh daily but when you have lots of domains it becomes kinda a non option.

Hi jimbo2779,
Thanks for your reply. this isse with awstats seems to be an endless story... looks like plesk is doing nothing on that?
when you mentionned "I would refresh daily" how are you doing that?
I found a few description/suggestion but so far nothing worked. My stat for August are still at 0!

awstats reports are generated inside statistics utility, which is executed every day by cron.
To check does this task persist or not you can use Plesk GUI (Server -> Sheduled tasks -> choose_root_user) or execute crontab -lu root command.
The corresponding task should be something like 50 0 * * * /usr/local/psa/bin/run-parts.sh /etc/psa/plesk-cron.daily

Also run the following command from console as user root:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistic --calculate-one --domain-name=the_problem_domain_name
Are there any errors or warnings in the output?

Hi Dash
The command you gave me returned many errors (seems to be that awstat is not located/searched at the right place:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics --calculate-one --domain-name=autolegende.ch
sh: /srv/www/cgi-bin/awstats.pl: No such file or directory
Error: Can't find AWStats program ('/srv/www/cgi-bin/awstats.pl').
Use -awstatsprog option to solve this.
statistics: Unable to execute /usr/share/awstats/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl -awstatsprog=/srv/www/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -configdir=/usr/local/psa/etc/awstats -config=autolegende.ch-http -dir=/var/www/vhosts/autolegende.ch/statistics/webstat/current

System error 2: No such file or directory
statistics: Unable to execute /usr/share/awstats/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl -awstatsprog=/srv/www/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -configdir=/usr/local/psa/etc/awstats -config=autolegende.ch-http -dir=/var/www/vhosts/autolegende.ch/statistics/webstat/current

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

As far as Ican see on my system, I'm running awstats.pl version 6.6 located under /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.pl
What should I change?
What should Ido in order to have version 6.7 running?

As far as Ican see on my system, I'm running awstats.pl version 6.6 located under /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.pl
What should I change?
What should Ido in order to have version 6.7 running?

Try to redefine AWSTATS_TOOLS_D and AWSTATS_BIN_D in /etc/psa/psa.conf file according to your actual awstats paths.

As I can see AWSTATS_BIN_D should be /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats on your server.

Hi,

The vars in /etc/psa/psa.conf are pointing to /usr/share/awstats

Even if there are awstats_files in that dir, there ain't no awstats.pl.
So I've checked my system and couldn't find a file named awstats.pl at all.

Since we have customers running on that server, I don't want to make a mess. What do I do to re-install awstats without conflicting with future Plesk updates?

regards
- Alex

I also suggest you to manually execute statistics binary and to see if it does not segfault (this advice is for anyone that have broken stats or no log rotation). There were a couple of issues on this area.

Hi,

it does no segfault, it just tells me, that the awstats.pl was not found on the server.

PS: Why is 8.6.0.1 not available for Update in Plesk yet?

I have the same problem.

I fixed all the paths in the psa.conf already according to the actual locations of the files on my server and restarted psa.

I'm not sure what the problem is now.

Here is the first part of the latest error messages:

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics --calculate-one --domain-name=mydomain.com
Create/Update database for config "/usr/local/psa/etc/awstats/awstats.mydomain.com-http.conf" by AWStats version 6.8 (build 1.910)
From data in log file "-"...
Phase 1 : First bypass old records, searching new record...
Searching new records from beginning of log file...
Jumped lines in file: 0
Parsed lines in file: 0
Found 0 dropped records,
Found 0 corrupted records,
Found 0 old records,
Found 0 new qualified records.
sh: /usr/bin/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl: /usr/bin/perl^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
statistics: Unable to execute /usr/bin/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl -awstatsprog=/var/www/awstats/awstats.pl -configdir=/usr/local/psa/etc/awstats -config=mydomain.com-http -dir=/var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/statistics/webstat/current

statistics: Unable to execute /usr/bin/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl -awstatsprog=/var/www/awstats/awstats.pl -configdir=/usr/local/psa/etc/awstats -config=mydomain.com-http -dir=/var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/statistics/webstat/current

I had the same problem after awstat update via yum. Apparently, after update awstats_buildstaticpages.pl script has DOS-like EOLs instead of UNIX ones. The easiest solution is to run:
mcedit awstats_buildstaticpages.pl
and remove "^" sign after #!/usr/bin/perl
Of course true hackers use vi and will convert whole file to unix EOLs :)

Back