• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

AWStats Dynamic Stats

E

energylevel

Anyone please have a solution for the lame implementation of AWStats in Plesk, I really need to find a solution so use the dropdown that allows viewing of previous months/years stats witho9ut having to install Awstats individually on each domain ??

Thanks ............

I would also like a solution to this. Some of our clients have several years stats they would like to see. We shouldn;t need to run our own scripts or install custom AWStats versions.

same situation here...

ANYONE had implemented a dynamic setup of AWStats in Plesk ??

If yes, please share with us.. :confused:

AWStats

Did you ever get an answer on implementing AWStats? I have been trying to get the stats to my client and just cannot get it to him. Have you resolved the problem? Need info if you have it!

Gentlemen,

Actually dynamic awstats mode is not a good solution on the view of security.

The problem with lost statistic will be solved in Plesk 8.3.0 by saving static html pages in separate folders for each month with common index file.

i really don't get why people still want awsats when they can have google analytics. what i would like to see is an automated solution to integrate GA into all domains..

my 2c

PAT

AWStats is probably the single most import part of your site, GA is fine if all your traffic comes from google and what happens when Google is toppled in the future by the next big search engine. Awstats is the only way to go and besides Apache it's probably next best thing you need to see what, who, where people are comming from, going too and what is really important is the keywords used to find your site from all the SE's.

What I can't believe is that Plesk creators don't seem to realize the importance of AwStats. This is revealed by the fact that the stats in the default setup don't tell you a thing other then you got xxx visitors today...lol
Without the ability to see your stats in a clear consise maner any site will be doomed to failure, unless you are doing this for a hobby...then you are ok.

I just talked with my hosting provider they offer both cpanel and 'Plesk', I asked if I could go with the Cpanel and unload Plesk....They said it was fairly easy, just takes some time and about 150.00.

So My stand on Plesk is if the host can't get AwStats up and running properly they will unload plesk and we will load Cpanel.

Without the AwStats then it reduces a site down to nothing more than a hobby, If you can't get AwStats running properly i.e. as well as it does in Cpanel in the next month or so I'll have the host scrape Plesk off my disk drives ;-) it really is that simple and that important.

I agree with your statement that stats is extremely important. I cite the numerous clients I have lost over the years due to stats problems. Clients gauge the success of their sites by looking at the stats. If they don't have this tool or if this tool is not working 100% their hands are tied and they get fed up and f-off.

Well I found out how they remove plesk, normally what they do, they have another server with Cpanel setup and the copy all your setups and domain data over.

This is right from Cpanel site
[Cpanel Admin] "Generally Plesk to cPanel/WHM transfers are performed by having both servers online simultaneously then using the transfer functionality of WHM to migrate the accounts from Plesk."

So now we could get back to a functioning server without open base directory overriding the PHP.ini file and stats that have meaning and actually work...lol....I couldn't take flying my server totally blind, which I guess is ok with Plesk.

Zero response from Plesk lunarpages support guy has tried to contact them with no luck. I gave it a try guys but hands down Cpanel is the way to go.... sorry plesky people

You can tell your host that you want to Upgrade your server interface to Cpanel and all they need is a spare server to move the site to....it's pretty simple really

Well Plesk I found this on your blog:

'Limited customization – It's very hard to efficiently implement per-tenant database schema customization in a single database, and it's not possible to use standard DBMS tools – like built-in indexing. Plus, the multi-tenant application cannot use script-based customization of the internal logic – what if a buggy script loops infinitely?

SmoothSpan Bob Warfield and Unreasonable Men argued that customization capabilities are often excessive and there is little harm in removing much of that flexibility. For newly written applications, it might even be true. But if an ISV has a customer base to migrate to SaaS model, telling customers that their solutions will be broken because some of the customizations don't work anymore is hardly an option.'

Apparently Plesk is not heading their own blog...LOL because we all are doing nothing but loosing functionality and the ability to see what is going on, on our sites.

I'm paying an extra 10 bucks a month for this Plesk thing which basically has reduced my site to nothing.
1. AwStats which is just as important as Apache does not function at all.
2. Customizable httpd.include per domain does not work with
vhost.conf and since Plesk is an unsecured script, (because it must run with open base directory on), we have lost HUGE functionality. You do not see this problem with or like this Cpanel at ALL!
In the past 10 years I have had only 2 problems with Cpanel both related to the file manager and editor, very minor and were fixed in the next version. When I say fixed I don't mean they said it was fixed and it wasn't, it means it was fixed and has worked perfectly ever since.

I guess Plesk is like windows 3.1 and Cpanel is like linux

Now if you think I'm a little more than perturbed with Plesk you'd be correct. However, I have spent the last three weeks messing around with Plesk because it doesn't work rather than having my attention on my business and customers where it belongs. DO YOU understand that? Can you comprehend the ramifications of placing UNTESTED, UVALIDATED and weak performing code on a server and claiming it to be a management utility?

I'm running a business, not a hobby and I am spending more time and money trouble shooting your code than I am running my business.

If I were you I would read between those lines

Back