• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Awstats Monthly History

E

energylevel

I've got Plesk 8.3 with awstats now working and I can access feb/march 2008 detailed stats using the dropdown menu, the one blip is the Monthly history bit that shows a summery of each months stats only displays info for the current month you are viewing, so there's no side by side monthly stats to compare, anyone else noticed this or found a fix?

Unfortunately I have exactly the same problem on all the servers that I upgraded to Plesk 8.3. The monthly history is missing and you have to individually select the months from the drop down boxes. My customers are screaming at me. Please help SWSoft / Parallels. This is not good.

AWstats in Plesk does not work dynamicly as CGI script. Instead of that it generate static pages (and update them) each day. Previous months are avaialble through drop down menu only and I believe there is no way to compare months side-by-side.

Has anyone figured out how to resolve this one? Any word from Parallels?

I've decided to bite the bullet and spend money on Parallel's support to see what they can tell me about the problem. Pathetic that I have to do this, but heck, maybe if you offer them money they will fix the problem. I will let you know the outcome.

This is what $75 got me so far:

This was made by design for surfing statistics within longer periods.
You can just compare it in different windows.

Before I reveal which idiot at Parallels gave me this reply I will give them another chance to come up with a proper solution or response. This is absolute nonsense.

What a cack design idea if that's what it was!

I have to manually copy the previous months awstats.txt files into the current directory and then run a /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics --calculate-one --domain-name=domainname every month in order to show the previous months history.

Can we please have a decent implementation of awstats!

Finally a good response from Parallels

This issue (when statistics shows data for one month only) will be fixed in Plesk 8.4.1. Our developers are working on this issue and they are trying to find a workaround or permanent solution.

$75 well spent?! Yes I believe so. Next time somebody else take the punch.

Fix script for previous months in AW Stats

HoneyMonster: based on your explanation for the manual fix I have written a script:

I logged in on the server as root and I have created a file named '/root/bin/psa_awstatfix.sh' containing:

#!/bin/bash

VHOSTS='/home/httpd/vhosts'
STATDIRS='webstat webstat-ssl'
STATEXEC='/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics'

$STATEXEC >/dev/null 2>&1

for DOM in `ls "$VHOSTS"`
do
for STAT in $STATDIRS
do
for DATE in `ls "$VHOSTS/$DOM/statistics/$STAT/" 2>/dev/null`
do
YEAR=`echo "$DATE" | cut -d'-' -f1`
MONTH=`echo "$DATE" | cut -d'-' -f2`
cp $VHOSTS/$DOM/statistics/$STAT/$YEAR-$MONTH/awstats$MONTH$YEAR.*.txt \
$VHOSTS/$DOM/statistics/$STAT/current/ \
2>/dev/null
done
done
done

I have executed the following to make this script executable (root only):
chmod 700 /root/bin/psa_awstatfix.sh

And I have used 'crontab -u root -e' as root to add the following to the crontab:
1 0 1 * * /root/bin/psa_awstatfix.sh
This line in the crontab makes the script run every first night of a month at 0:01.

The script first runs the statistics so the new month directories are created and then copies the previous AW Stats .txt data files to the 'current' directory, for each domain.

If you want to test this script, you need to run the following command afterwards, so AW Stats updates the HTML using the added .txt data files.
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics

DISCLAIMER: We are still improving and developing this script. It may contain bugs. Use at your own risk.

Did somebody tried this scipt? Did it do the job? Why the hell is Parallels waiting till 8.4.1. :( this should be fixed right away! :( :(

OK, it's the 4th of July; another month has passed and lots of folks are unhappy with this ridiculous problem. Formum member "toneworks" has posted a potential solution, that our friends at Parallels could leverage, perhaps, to address it. So, here is my direct question to the folks at Parallels:

What is the scheduled release date of 8.4.1? Our clients needed this LAST month.

perhaps, a breakthrough.....

I need to test this, so I guess we'll have to wait until the first of August now, but Major Hayden at RackSpace has uncovered this tidbit for us:

... "from the developers of Plesk, ... they've mentioned a setting that I was not aware of. Here's how to adjust how long web statistics are kept:

(In Plesk) Click Domains
Click the domain you want to adjust
Click Report
Click Bandwidth History
Set the value for "Retain Web and traffic statistics"

Unfortunately, it appears that this change is not retroactive, but it will take effect on future months. ... statistics can be kept for 12 months..." or to a number of months of your choosing.

So, next I'd like to be able to make this happen as part of the skeleton files configuration. I don't want to have to do this for every doamin I set up. I'd lke to be able to set 60 months as a default so I can forget about this nonsense for a few years.

Can the folks at Parallels help us out with that one?

Hi,
We have always been setting the 'Retain Web and traffic statistics' to 360 months. But still the AW-Stats previous months' traffic didn't show in the current month view before I wrote the fix script I posted. Since the fix script is executed every first day of the month, in the new months the previous traffic shows.

Back