• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

AWStats not showing statistics for current month

mgwebhosting-uk

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am a long time PLESK user.

Currently, I have PLESK 11 on a VPS server. I have a problem with AWSats not showing statistics for the current month on any domain. I think I have found the source of the problem, but am not sure how to resolve the issue.
I tried to manually generate the stats from the terminal, using the following command:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics --calculate-one --domain-name=yourdomain.com

it returns this error:

WARNING during statistics_collector execution: : error: error accessing /usr/share/tomcat5/logs: No such file or directory
error: tomcat:1 glob failed for /usr/share/tomcat5/logs/*.log

I do not have Tomcat installed on this server, so why is it trying to access tomcat logs?! AWStats was installed as part of PLESK packages.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I had almost the same problem:
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=266436

In the end....PP support said this:
The root cause root of this issue is because the schedule task has no any entry to calculate statistics on daily basis.

If you want statistics to be calculated automatically. Please follow the steps:

Home>Tools & Settings>Scheduled Tasks>root>Add New Task: Fill the required field according to your server load time and set the command= /opt/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /opt/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php

You can follow the documentation to schedule a task:
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP11/11.0/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-administrator-guide/59415.htm

I've added following command into my daily scheduled tasks, although I don't think that was the problem because I've found the same command running on weekends (and daily also). Which means I'm updating now AWstats 2x daily, 3x weekly.....and before AWStats didn't update even once. What was really root cause of this I don't know, they didn't mentioned it, but it's fixed now.

Try to add this command in crontab, if statistics still won't update, i suggest you to contact PP Support so they can investigate the problem directly on the server.

Back