• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved AWStats only displaying statistics for the past two months (on different servers and customer accounts)

Bitpalast

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Guru
Some customers have reported that their AWStats only stores statistics for two months. It seems to rotate/remove older data.

Where is this behavior configured?

There is no service control. Executed by the daily maintenance task: /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily
Configuration in /usr/local/psa/etc/awstats/awstats.<domain_name>-*.conf

Thank you. Now I checked this file and also looked at several data directories of AWStats on one machine. They all have statistics directories for 8/2021 and 9/2021 only. For example:

Code:
[root@<hostname> webstat]# ls -la
total 72
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root     4096 Sep  1 06:23 .
dr-xr-x--- 6 root psaserv  4096 May 11 15:59 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root     4096 Sep  1 06:23 2021-08
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root     4096 Sep  1 06:23 2021-09
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    34437 Sep  1 06:23 awstats082021.<domain name>-http.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    10429 Sep  1 06:23 awstats092021.<domain name>-http.txt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root        7 Sep  1 06:23 current -> 2021-09
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root      457 Sep  1 06:23 index.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root      937 Sep  1 06:23 nav.html

I could not find a "retention" or "rotation" setting in the configuration options. It seems that when a new month starts, data directories older two months are deleted. I wonder where this can be configured and why it did not happen earlier? Would it make sense to open a support ticket on this?

I can now see that the behavior seems to be the same across all servers. However, we have never changed anything in the AWStats configuration. I'll open a ticket on this, I don't think this is a correct behavior, there has got to be an issue there.

Peter, we haven't made any changes to Awstats for a long time. But in general stat_ttl should be configured here: Home -> Tools & Settings -> Server Settings.

Is this what the "Retain web and traffic statistics for ... months" is for? I thought that when we set this to for example 12 months customer log files will also be kept for 12 months (which we would not want). So this setting affects not only the "Statistics" menu item in subscriptions in Plesk, but also the web statistics software selected by the subscription owner?

Back