• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

AWStats Web Statistics not updating

SuperElf

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am using Plesk 11.5.30 Update #27 with CentOS 6.3 (Final).

I have been trying to view the web statistics using AWStats but it stopped collecting statistics a few months ago.

I tried the suggestion rebuilding AWStats presented here: http://kb.parallels.com/115476

The script seemed to run fine and completed all steps including the final "Rebuilding static pages" step without error.

But when I go through Plesk -> Statistics -> Web Statistics it still shows has empty statistics for the past few months.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If the log files for those periods are already deleted from your system then rebuilding will make no difference ...

I can see that logs are present. The "statistics/log/access_log" file clearly shows recent activity from today but the Web Statistics shows no activity since a few months ago. Also, the "statistics/log/access_log.processed" file contains the data from the past few months that is missing from Web Statistics.

UPDATE: the data from "statistics/webstat/2013-12" shows 0 access but "statistics/webstat-ssl/2013-12" does have a lot of access information. It is true that I recently started redirecting traffic to HTTPS so this does make sense.

So the next question is: is it possible to view HTTP+HTTPS data using Web Statistics ? OR is it possible to view just the HTTPS data using Web Statistics? Both HTTP and HTTPS data is present, but can they both be viewed using Plesk? Or does Plesk only show HTTP Web Statistics?

Thanks!

OK, I found that I can view the HTTPS logs by navigating to https://MYDOMAIN/plesk-stat/webstat-ssl

I could not find any way to view a combined report. However, since I am now redirecting all traffic to HTTPS that is not a problem. Also I could not find any way to view the HTTPS statistics via Plesk but accessing it directly is good enough.

Case closed.

Back