• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Backspace key and history don't work in chroot SSH Terminal

ESTUGO

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.59 Update #2
Hi,
we have two issues with the SSH Terminal extension with chrooted ssh access. In the chroot shell Backspace is not working. Instead of deleting, it adds a space. And the history got a problem too. When I press arrow up once it shows correctly the last entry, but on a second press it just concatenates the entries. So for example if my last commands were ls, cd, mc and I press arrow up three times it would print “lscdmc” instead of mc.

I already tried this without effect: Issue - Backspace key doesn't work when logged in chroot account

Has anyone an idea what to do, to fix this?

I have solved it this way in Almalinux:

**Logging in as root:**

1. **Download the script**:
Start by downloading the necessary script with the following command:

Bash:
curl -o update-chroot.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/plesk/kb-scripts/master/update-chroot/update-chroot.sh

2. **Make the script executable**:
Change the permissions of the downloaded script to make it executable by running:

Bash:
chmod +x update-chroot.sh

**Execution steps:**

3. **Copy terminfo directory**:
Copy the terminfo directory to the chroot environment to ensure the terminal type information is available:

Bash:
cp -a /usr/share/terminfo/ /var/www/vhosts/chroot/usr/share/

4. **Copy the inputrc file**:
The inputrc file contains settings for the readline library, which handles input for many command-line programs. Copy it with:

Bash:
cp /etc/inputrc /var/www/vhosts/chroot/etc/

5. **Apply the changes**:
Finally, apply the changes to ensure the chroot environment is updated. Execute the script by running:

Bash:
./update-chroot.sh --apply all

Back