• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

backup before reimage

T

thonuz

Guest
Hi,

I am running plesk 7.5, and want to backup my data: domain sites and mail. I then plan to reimage the server with upgraded Fedora 4 or Suse 9.3. It will have plesk 8 installed already.

Im having some problems using any of the back up utilities,local backup function does not work, rather than repair im upgrading.

Can I simply copy the /home directory with all the site as well as /var directories, then after the upgrade just pull them over or recreate the accounts. Its only about 8 sites or so.?
Also how can I get the mail data namely passwords and configurations.

Thanks
 
Back
Top